Details: Salary amount includes benefits reimbursement (if needed).
1751 Pinnacle Drive
Josh Anderson Foundation (JAF)
Program Manager, full-time
The Josh Anderson Foundation (JAF) is dedicated to providing teens with education, resources and support in the area of mental health so that they never turn to suicide. JAF’s signature program, student-led club model our minds matter (OMM) equips students with the resources and tools to change their school culture around mental health. As a consistently developing organization, JAF is looking for a mission-driven Program Manager who will help grow the reach and impact of our signature program. As the program advances, the job is expected to evolve and this position could likely turn into a Program Director role, someone who would be a thought-partner and strategist with the Executive Director.
JAF was founded in 2012 and it’s office is located in Tysons Corner, VA.
The Program Manager will lead projects related to program improvement and implementation. S/he will be responsible for the successful implementation of OMM clubs, working to meet JAF’s primary goal in spreading OMM to all 26 high schools in Fairfax County (FCPS) by the end of the 2019-20 school year. Additionally, the Program Manager will work to implement OMM in other high schools in the Metro-DC Area and partner with non-profit organizations to reach additional high schools in other geographical areas. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for all programmatic elements required to meet grant writing and reporting deadlines.
- Oversee annual and continuous development to the OMM program for improved implementation and impact results, specifically:
- Annual content revamp to adequately reflect relevant and evidence-informed activities
- Continuous program component enhancements for improved implementation and impact results
- Responsible for maintaining a system of communication and tracking of all OMM clubs in the Metro-DC Area that accurately reflects individual club metrics. Tasks related to this job include:
- Initial communication and training, as necessary, to launch a new club
- Ongoing communication and support, as needed, to assist clubs in reaching higher status levels
- Accurate collection and analysis of implementation and impact data
- Assistance in exporting data for grant requirements
- Coordinate with partner non-profits for the successful implementation of OMM clubs in other geographical regions.
- Direct interns and other contracted staff related to any of the above projects and tasks.
- Assist with event planning, grant support and other projects as needed.
- 2-3 years related experience managing projects, coordinating events, working with teens
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Strong follow up and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service
- Ability to effectively work with Google Drive, Wordpress, social media platforms and other online tools
- Passion for improving mental health, especially in our teen population
- Program management experience
- Driver’s license
- Ability to travel to local participating high schools
- Event planning skills
- Grant writing experience
- Experience working with teens or young adults
Job Type: full-time
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
JAF is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required