Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day technical and operational support of the Local's Learning Management System (LMS). The role educates our members on using the system efficiently to maintain the training, documentation, running reports, and maintain content. The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst is the primary contact with the LMS vendor, coordinating upgrades and communication, and testing and activating new functionality.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills:
The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst’s primary responsibility is to maintain the Local's Learning Management System. The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst duties listed below are representative of the position:
Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies: The following competencies have been identified as critical for success in the role and will be referred to during the selection process:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT, systems management, business, or related field required.
· 3+ years proficiency in the administration of learning or talent management systems, including course deployment, content management, and user support.
· 3+years of systems, database, reporting, or related experience required. Experience with database management required.
· Strong PC, database reporting, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
· Proficiency in using email marketing software or constituent management software (e.g., MailChimp)
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information, design and test solutions to problems, formulate plans, and meet tight deadlines
· Capable of working in a team environment demonstrating good written and communication skills.
· Critical thinking and an ability to creatively solve complex issues
· Able to work independently and autonomously
· Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff.
· Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations
• 3+ years of labor union or non-profit experience
· Must possess a valid California driver's license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record
· Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day technical and operational support of the Local's Learning Management System (LMS). The role educates…
SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time. This position is represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA).
SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a…
Mail or email a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Kathryn Ballard, Human Resources Coordinator. Mailing address: SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, or email your resume to: email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Mail or email a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Kathryn Ballard, Human Resources Coordinator…