Details: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
900 Pennsylvania Ave
Join a collaborative team of motivated individuals designing, supporting and expanding food programs throughout San Francisco and Marin counties. Candidates should have experience working with community-based organizations and low-income communities in San Francisco. This position will work out of the San Francisco office as part of an existing team to increase participation in San Francisco Counties CalFresh Program. This position would foster and grow an existing network of community-based organizations providing CalFresh outreach and application assistance services to at-need San Franciscans. This position requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including periodic evening and weekend hours as needed.
Bilingual Cantonese preferred. Experience with CalFresh or other public benefits preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CalFresh Community Partnerships Program Coordination
- Implement sub-contractor selection criteria, with support from the CalFresh Senior Manager.
- Recruit and motivate community-based organizations to become sub-contractors to promote CalFresh and provide application assistance services.
- Assist with CalFresh eligibility training’s coordination for sub-contractors and provide ongoing technical support.
- Coordinate same day enrollment events in collaboration with community partners and City and County of San Francisco representatives.
- Communicate frequently with sub-contractors and re-train as needed to ensure CalFresh applications submitted are of the highest quality.
- Represent and communicate the needs of network partners in stakeholder meetings.
- Coordinate data collection, reporting and invoicing of sub-contractors.
- Ensure that CalFresh partners are meeting program goals and objectives.
- Maintain communication and share strategies with National and State networks
Client Data Management and Tracking
- Track outreach activities, pre-screens, applications submitted, outcomes and other data for sub-contractors.
- Maintain accurate database of client information.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain accurate files and contribute to preparation of monthly reports.
- Maintain online appointment calendar.
CalFresh Outreach, Screening and Application Assistance (Serve as backup)
- Develop a thorough understanding of CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps) program application and enrollment procedures.
- Prescreen clients for eligibility for the CalFresh Program.
- Execute outreach, screening and application assistance at community-based sites (known as Same Day Enrollment Events).
- Provide non-eligible participants with referrals to accessing free food distribution programs.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations
- Assume responsibility for understanding and learning about CalFresh and other public benefits.
- Learn about the impact of CalFresh on clients’ lives and provide feedback on how to effectively assist clients through the application process. Training provided.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Cantonese with the ability to read and write in one of the listed languages is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with agency relations, outreach, and/or social services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort presenting in front of small and large groups.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality; ability to manage challenging clients and situations.
- Experience managing databases and data on multiple programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license (access to vehicle strongly preferred but not required)
- Physical Demands: Ability to stand and talk to people waiting for food distributions outdoors; comfort in a variety of settings and physical arrangements. Ability to carry up to 20 pounds of materials
- Interest in food security and hunger issues.
- Experience developing partnerships and working with community based organizations, preferably in San Francisco.
- Sensitivity to the needs of economically and educationally diverse individuals.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
We provide excellent medical, dental, generous 403B retirement plan, FSA, life insurance, competitive salary, vacation, sick and holiday leave, career development, celebrations and activities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Cantonese with the ability to read and write in one of the listed languages is preferred.
Minimum Education Required