Details: Mountain BizWorks provides a competitive salary.
Over the past few years, Mountain BizWorks has experienced strong small business lending growth and are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team to help meet the growing need for capital in underserved communities. Additionally, this position will help lead a Mountain BizWorks initiative called Opportunity Asheville focused on expanding the rates and success of small business ownership within communities of color in the Asheville area.
· Demonstrated commitment to and interest in the mission and values of Mountain BizWorks
· Experience and success in working with the African-American community and/or other communities of color in the Asheville area that can lead to MBW loans and business assistance.
· A financial background with a strong understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analysis and loan underwriting.
· Superior communication and customer service skills and an ability to adapt to a wide variety of audiences, including clients, supervisor, direct report(s), peers, and external partners/vendors
· Experience as a small business lender or related experience is preferred
· Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills, including a high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated self‐starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals are achieved
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy
· Fluency in language in addition to English is a plus (e.g. Spanish)
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field, or an associate degree in banking or
financial services preferred
· Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs (Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel).
· Willingness to travel. Must have a current, valid driver’s license with the unrestricted ability to travel independently to various locations throughout WNC as required.
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, team‐oriented, mission‐driven environment
Full-time position with benefits package, including: medical insurance; retirement plan; and paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Significant opportunities for growth.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified/interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Matthew Raker, Director of Community Investments & Impact, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Small Business Lender Position.” Initial responses to this opportunity are requested by Friday, July 27th with the position remaining open until filled thereafter.