Finance + Administration Assistant
The Finance + Administration Assistant position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Finance + Administrative Assistant
will act as the human resources generalist and perform additional administrative tasks as needed for the organization.
Director of Finance + Administration
• Associate’s Degree in business, accounting, or finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least three years of office management or accounting experience (non-profit preferred).
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks a must.
• A self-motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills, and creative approaches to problem solving.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, including consistent attention to grammar and punctuation.
• Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail, particularly in data entry.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of PC, Apple OSX, and MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
• Interest in contemporary art is a plus.
General Administrative Tasks
- Sort incoming mail
- Assist with the coordination of the maintenance of MOCAD’s information systems, including technology and phone networks
• Maintain office supply inventory
- Assist with maintaining order of MOCAD’s electronic files and internal Google Calendar
· Processes cash receipts: posts payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions into QuickBooks.
· Create event classes in QuickBooks.
• Analyze incoming financial documents for accuracy.
• Process and record cash transactions for earned income departments (store and café).
• Processes and record purchase requests, purchase requests and petty cash disbursements and distribute checks.
• Create and maintain simple financial reports.
• Create and issue invoices to customers including facility rental clients.
• Review past due invoices and follow up on collections.
• Calculate monthly sales tax.
• Assist in budget preparation and maintaining department, event, and exhibition budgets.
• Processes payroll and submit to the Director of Finance & Operations for transmittal
• Reconcile company credit card statements
• Handle all travel/accommodation requests for internal & external customers.
• Assist in the annual audit preparation.
• Handle cash management at special events if necessary.
• Maintain financial files.
• Other departmental duties as assigned.
• Assist with new hire orientation: add new hires to payroll, collect new hire paperwork, setting up alarm system/keys, update staff contact lists.
• Process time off requests and post to staff calendar.
• Schedule interviews and process HR notifications.
• Assist with submitting enrollment paperwork.
• Compile and send out monthly staff bulletins.
• Lead the effort in staff birthday recognition.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as a PDF to email@example.com, with Finance + Administration Assistant and your name in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
Minimum Education Required