We are looking for a Director of Programs to lead the member-facing work of the Colorado Youth Congress and act as a key leader of a young, mission-driven organization. If you love youth development, you’re a great facilitator, and you care deeply about issues of justice and systems change, then we’d love for you to apply.
This role is full-time, based in Colorado but otherwise flexible on location, with a beginning salary in the range of $60 - $70K. The deadline to apply is April 28th. More details below.
WHO WE ARE
The Colorado Youth Congress works with high school leaders -- from urban, suburban and rural communities across Colorado -- to lead systems change in the areas of racial justice and mental health. We operate with the firm belief that in order to transform systems, we must focus on three levels of change:
- Individual: The first evolution is always internal. We work with young people to reflect on and build a strong sense of identity and the skills needed for a lifetime of effective leadership.
- Community: We build the type of community we want to see replicated in society -- diverse and equitable with a whole lot of love.
- Systems: We honor the complexity and interconnectedness of our problems and engage deeply with partner organizations to co-create systems change.
For more details about our program, see here.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love supporting young folks as they develop into bold, self aware, justice-minded leaders.
- You’re a great facilitator who knows how to decenter themselves and elevate co-creation in all aspects of your job. You love to help design agendas, guide conversations, and push groups of young people to achieve their full potential.
- You have the courage to explicitly name problems as they come up and the humility to co-create adaptations with the community.
- Your value system centers on diversity, equity and inclusion. You have a clear understanding of the historical threads of oppression and have reflected deeply on your own positionality. You’ve demonstrated a desire to dismantle unjust systems and re-build something just and sustainable.
- You are able to work some evenings and weekends to support CYC members (with full autonomy over your schedule elsewhere to support a healthy, sustainable balance)
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Co-create a world-class program alongside CYC youth
- Work with interns and members to establish key priorities, schedules and agendas
- Ensure high levels of collaboration between different member workpods
- Get to know each member deeply and support in their leadership development
- Surface challenges and tensions with the program and co-design adaptations with the team
- Lead the measurement and evaluation process and use the data for continuous improvement
- Assist the Director of Operations with program logistics
2. Contribute to the development of a responsive, equitable education ecosystem
- Co-lead the CYC Systems Change Network with members, interns and partners
- Ensure authentic youth leadership of the network
- Help set strategies and tactics alongside members and partners
- Meet with new and existing partners to cultivate a strong ecosystem
- Coordinate opportunities for collaboration between partner organizations and members
3. Co-lead the Colorado Youth Congress into its next phase
- Work alongside the Executive Director and the Director of Operations to keep evolving the organization towards its vision
- Surface challenges and tensions with the organization and co-design adaptations with the team
- Help refine internal systems towards excellence and sustainability