Calle Siete Cuartones 290
Proyecto Peru seeks a Director of English Programs to oversee and develop English Education activities in our Cusco office.. This position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects. The position demands adaptability and willingness to work in a challenging context, and most importantly the position demands a high level of cultural sensitivity and cross-cultural communication.
- Oversee the execution of a multilateral marketing strategy to promote English services
- Work directly with potential clients to close sales and register new students
- Manage social media and digital platforms in both English and Spanish
- Oversee student registration and class scheduling, as well as staff of professors
- Oversee the execution of programs in pursuit of Proyecto Peru Ingles’ mission and vision and ensure program activities are consistent with our values
- Provide excellent customer service as the main point of contact for students and potential clients
- As an English Teacher, plan and conduct English classes with students in general English or Technical English in a variety of fields and sectors
- Manage accounting; generate invoices and financial reports; track profits
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Education, International Business, Business Administration, Public Administration, Nonprofit Administration, Marketing, or relevant field.
- TEFL certification or equivalent (extensive teaching experience not necessary)
- Strong command of language and refined writing skills;
- Fluency in English and basic level verbal and written skills in Spanish;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment;
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, and ability to adapt to international contexts
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint. Adobe Suite a plus);
- Familiarity with Social Media and understanding of digital trends;
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practice to improve efficiency;
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently;
- Readiness to interact positively with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks;
What would get us excited?
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments;
- High-level Spanish or someone looking to develop professional Spanish
- Customer-experience oriented;
- Understands the importance of process in program development;
- Creative, with proven body of work in a creative field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Ability to recognize patterns and react to them;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Self-starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments;
- Independent, comfortable working alone or in a small team
This position is ideal for a young professional or recent graduate with strong academic and internship backgrounds seeking to gain experience abroad in with a values-driven organization,
- Local monthly salary of around five hundred US dollars (sufficient for a modest living in Cusco);
- Work Visa support with signing of one-year contract
- After 3 month probation:
- Medical and Dental Coverage;
- 15 Days Annual Paid Vacation;
- Retirement plan (transferrable to your home country);
- Paid Travel for Administrative duties;
- Discounts at local businesses, bars, and restaurants;
- Discounted Spanish courses through our Language School
- A fun casual, multi-cultural environment with a constant stream of new faces from around the world;
- An exciting and fulfilling exciting experience living in one of South America’s richest historical capitals.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English Speaker; High-Level (C1 Minimum) Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you in?
- Send us a resume and CV highlighting relevant experience
- Provide a short letter explaining your motivation to work in South America and Peru, as well as how you see English education as important to the future of developing countries. Also, how you think your skills and experiences will help and be helped by Interning with us at Proyecto Peru.
- If you have any previous creative work in any field (really, anything), we would love to see it.
- Also, references or letters of recommendation from one personal and two professional contacts would be appreciated, but we are flexible on this!
- Once we review this information, we can schedule a Skype interview where we can discuss any particular questions.