305 7th Avenue
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
The Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the provision of comprehensive psychiatric care to youth in the ARC Residential programs, including HTP Group Homes, NSP and LSP facilities. Reports to the Director of Residential Mental Health Services for Administrative oversight and support, and SA Psychiatrist for clinical oversight and support. Maintains the standards from the Administration of Children’s Services, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the Council on Accreditation to enhance performance and quality services.
- Participates in training, and is knowledgeable of the Integrated Treatment Model, Missouri Model, as well as all relevant procedures and protocols relevant to staff conduct within ARC facilities.
- Is aware of all health and mental health protocols as they relate to ARC facilities
- Reviews all data and other relevant reports of to assure knowledgeable and comprehensive treatment recommendations, and timely delivery of psychiatric reports.
- Psychotherapeutic intervention including psychopharmacologic management and monitoring.
- Clinical consultation with internal and external health and mental health practitioners.
- Interdisciplinary training for staff, clients, parents, and foster parents as assigned.
- Direct clinical consultation for routine and crisis management for assigned population.
- Clinical liaison with internal and external health and mental health practitioners.
- Participate in dispositional and other conferences to ensure continuity of care.
- Document all service provision as required.
- Assist with appropriate referrals to internal/external ancillary mental health practitioners.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in child and adolescent psychiatry as they relate to adolescents in juvenile justice care through continuous review of the literature and through utilization of the time allotted for continuing education.
- Current NYS RN and NP Licenses
- Maintain current certification by Psychiatric Nursing certification body, e.g. NAPNAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience in providing psychiatric care
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of or experience in Juvenile Justice or similar pediatric populations
- Ability to work flexible hours
Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift patients, boxes, furniture and equipment up to 30 lbs.
It is the policy of Sheltering that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link