NEW YORK, NY OPERATIONS – FINANCE FULL TIME
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Accounts Payable Accountant, Finance. The incumbent will be responsible for all Accounts Payable functions including Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF). Assists the Accounting Manager in drafting changes to disbursement policies and procedures; designs and implements improvements in those policies and procedures; executes disbursement to vendors and other creditors, employees, grantees and PPFA Regional Offices; and performs related tasks to ensure timely and accurate payment of all obligations for all PPFA related entities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of all systems used by the Finance Division, including but not limited to Sage X3, BOA WORKS and any new system implemented by the organization.
- Ensures the effective and efficient use of such systems.
- Performs the three-way match, ensuring that invoiced amount agrees to purchase order and receiving report or other document signed by the person receiving the product of service that such products and services were received.
- Executes check runs twice a week and secures signatures on checks and mails them in accordance with policy.
- Updates excel Cash Disbursement monthly sheet for every check run.
- Use Safe Pay to transmit PPFA files to bank, log in to BOA and send PPFA/PPAF files with the attachments to the bank.
- Acts as an alternate (backup) for the Accounts Receivable Coordinator in the processing of all in-house cash, checks and credit card receipts to ensure timely and accurate deposits, recording and reporting of receipts. Acts as an alternate (backup) for Senior Accountant in process of void/reissue, or make stop payments for outstanding checks.
- Maintain manual vendor filing system and responsible for filing documents such as accounts payable pay orders with support, journal entries, state registrations, and correspondence.
- Prepare pay orders for payments for Finance vendors.
- Assist review of TER/WORKS reports submitted by employees and prepare for processing. Follow-up with missing receipts, items not in compliance with PPFA policy, and/or missing approvals.
- Other special projects as assigned or requested.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Sage X3, BOA WORKS preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills are necessary including Excel, Google Drive and be internet savvy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with Excellent planning, organizational, coordination and time management skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision and multi-task effectively.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Minimum Education Required