75 Federal Street
Do you have a sincere and deep commitment to the fundamental belief that every child deserves a college education? Do you believe college closes the opportunity gap and the desire to assume responsibility for the success of mentor-mentee pairs and partner sites? If you answered yes then Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay is looking for you to staff our exciting Mentor2.0 program.
As a Program Coordinator in Boston, you will play a truly unique role in launching and shaping the growth of our new Mentor2.0 program model as we expand into our third year. In the spring and summer of 2018, you will play a critical role in the start-up phase of Mentor2.0 Boston, specifically with the opportunity to recruit, screen, and train the volunteer mentors needed to launch the program. When the school year begins in the fall of 2018, you will transition to a primary and sustained focus on the delivery of the iMentor program and the support of mentor-mentee relationships. The ideal candidates will have exceptional public speaking and interpersonal skills, will thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment, and must be willing to commit to a minimum of two years in the role.
- Bachelor’s degree with one or more years of work experience, preferably in youth development, volunteer or program management, and/or education with high school students;
- Demonstrated comfort and ability to work with and motivate a wide variety of people, including high school students and professional adults, with a preference for candidates with experience in racially, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse urban and/or recent immigrant communities
- Ability to communicate with professionalism, assertiveness, and empathy to large groups and individuals verbally and in writing
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast paced setting
- Excellent strategic problem-solving ability with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Able to travel throughout Boston and to staff mentor-mentee events from 6-8 pm on any weeknight
- Bilingual Spanish-English skills preferred
- Facilitate high impact relationships between ~ 100 mentee/mentor pairs, including monitoring participation; providing individualized attention; case management; proactively assisting relationships through regular communication, support, and advice; and identifying pairs who need additional support and implementing strategies to improve relationships
- Interview volunteers and assess youth for participation in the program. Contact references and collateral persons connected with the interested party.
- Carefully and thoughtfully prepare each interested party in order to make them ready to participate in our agency mission and coordinate the “matching” process.
- Lead weekly Mentor2.0 class for mentees at participating schools, including discussion of weekly curriculum
- Lead orientations and trainings for teachers and mentees
- Organize and staff multiple large scale and multi-faceted mentor-mentee events (i.e. career workshops, museum visits, end-of-year events), overseeing all logistics, content, and budgets, including evening and weekend commitments
- Develop and manage relationships with teachers and administration
- Track program participation, conduct pre-, mid-, and post-program evaluations
- Support all aspects of program implementation and improvement and iMentor’s overall mission
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package. BBBSMB is an equal opportunity employer.
We respect, appreciate and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSMB does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an application through the following link: https://www.bbbsmb.org/careers-page-application/
No phone calls, please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay
75 Federal Street, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
Application form: https://www.bbbsmb.org/careers-page-application/