2900A Jefferson Davis Hwy.
Liberty’s Promise Facilitator Description:
- Are you interested in leading groups or working with teenagers and young adults?
- Do you want to help make a difference in the life of a young person?
- Would you like to teach immigrant youth about American civic life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this might be the opportunity for you! Liberty's Promise seeks energetic facilitators for its after-school programs of civic engagement. Liberty's Promise supports young immigrants in need while encouraging them to be active and conscientious American citizens. The program serves immigrant youth, ages 15-21, and features more than 30 hours of programming that teaches participants about their community, civics, college, and careers. Unlike typical classroom civics courses, immigrant youth gain first-hand knowledge of local government and the benefits of civic participation through field trips to local community resources and meetings with guest speakers.
Our fall programs will take place twice a week for ten weeks from October to December (for 90 minutes per session) and include one or two Saturday field trips. Facilitators are expected to develop 30-minute activities that target each session's theme/main activity with the support and guidance of Liberty's Promise staff. Facilitators are also required to submit a short activity report at the end of each session and to complete a final report at the end of the semester. Facilitators are paid $2,000 for their services ($1,000 at beginning of program and $1,000 upon receipt of final report).
Experience teaching or leading groups is ideal;
Energetic, engaging, and enthusiastic;
Good organizational and communication skills;
Dependable and self-motivated;
Knowledge of government/civics and experience working with multicultural youth are preferred;
Commitment to issues of immigration, community involvement, and national strength through diversity;
Knowledge of Spanish, French, or Amharic is a plus.
1) Silver Spring, MD (Montgomery County): This Civics and Citizenship program will take place at Montgomery Blair High School on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 pm to 4:45 pm, although facilitators should expect to be at the program from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. To apply for this opening, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
2) Silver Spring, MD (Montgomery County): This Civics and Citizenship program will take place at Wheaton High School on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, although facilitators should expect to be at the program from 2:15 pm to 4:45 pm. To apply for this opening, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Bladensburg, MD (Prince George’s County): This Civics and Citizenship program takes place at Bladensburg High School on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, although facilitators should expect to be at the program from 4:15 pm to 6:15 pm. To apply for this opening, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required