Details: The compensation range is $18 to $24 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
615 2nd Avenue
At Center for Children & Youth Justice (CCYJ) we are dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth in need. We are recognized as leaders and innovators for collaborative, real, and lasting systems change to support children, stabilize families and strengthen communities. We are looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) Accounting Assistant to be a member of our passionate and dedicated team. Join us in making a difference.
The Accounting Assistant works closely with all members of our team to help maintain accurate financial records. A successful candidate will be internal-control minded with good attention to detail and enjoy the flexibility and adaptability required in a growing organization.
Reports to: Director of Finance
This position is considered non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
With the support of the Director of Finance, the Accounting Assistant carries out routine accounting activities and supports periodic activities and special projects. Typical duties include the following:
- Accounts payable management including review of invoices and expense reports for proper substantiation and coding, timely entering bills into QuickBooks, printing and preparing checks, and maintaining vendor files
- Cash receipts posting and receivables account reconciliation
- Creation and maintenance of spreadsheets to track important financial data
- Assistance with budgeting and preparation for audit and tax filings
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
CCYJ seeks a team member who will thrive in a fast-paced, friendly, and collaborative environment. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have:
- A strong track record of professional integrity and reliability.
- An Associate Degree in accounting or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience. A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- At least one year experience in accounts payable, QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
- Must speak and write clearly using the English language to accurately convey information.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
The compensation range is $18 to $24 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position with flexible hours. CCYJ offers a competitive benefits package that includes fully paid health care premiums, an Orca Pass, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay and Floating Holiday Pay.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value a diverse workforce and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
CCYJ offers a competitive benefits package that includes fully paid health care premiums, an Orca Pass, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay and Floating Holiday Pay.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required