Details: Commensurate with experience
New York Public Radio seeks a Junior AV Content Distribution Administrator to support its delivery and distribution of digital audio and related infrastructure for streaming and on-demand use to all its websites, mobile apps, and 3rd party platforms. S/he will act as key point of contact for tier 1 support issues with live streaming and on-demand audio, both internally and with 3rd party aggregators.
As part of the NYPR IT team, this position will answer directly to the Director of Streaming and On-demand Architecture and work closely with Engineering, Broadcast Technologies, IT, Digital and Sponsorship departments to ensure that great sounding audio is delivered to our listeners with a focus on efficiency and stability. The right person for this job will enjoy keeping up to date on the latest advancements in live streaming and podcast delivery.
- Act as key point of contact for all tier 1 NYPR live streaming and on-demand audio issues, both internally and with 3rd party streaming partners
- Support and maintain NYPR’s live streaming audio system infrastructure to insure that NYPR’s growing needs are met. This includes server updates, metadata monitoring and QA of dynamic ad delivery.
- Support and maintain NYPR’s on-demand audio workflow and infrastructure including encoding, metadata standards, dynamic ad delivery and 3rd party audio platforms
- Work closely with Production, Digital ,Listener Services and Sponsorship departments to troubleshoot issues related to audio/video streaming and in-stream ad injection
- Maintain and keep up to date documentation for all live streaming and on demand workflows
- Maintain and keep up to date documentation for producers and tech directors
- Keep up to date on all live streaming protocols, codecs and industry best practices
- Experience with live streaming and file based encoding workflows (required)
- In depth knowledge of streaming protocols, including HLS, HDS, RTMP, Smooth Streaming, Icecast, Shoutcast and MPEG DASH (required)
- Experience editing audio and video (preferred)
- Experience in an IT/Digital support role (required)
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, FTP, Web and streaming servers (required)
- Flexibility to work non-standard business hours
- Experience with enterprise level encoding software and multi-format audio and video codecs
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link:
NYPR must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy.