Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
1055 Washington Boulevard
Mill River Park Collaborative, provides the leadership and resources for the creation and maintenance of Mill River Park in Stamford, CT. The Collaborative is a public/private partnership of government, corporate and community interests who are committed to not only building an inviting and exciting park and greenway, but also assuring its’ enduring success.
Mill River Park is being built in phases. In 2006 we completed Mill River Playground with the help of 1,500 community volunteers. In 2009 we completed the River Restoration. In 2013, we completed Phase 1, the 12-acre central section of the park. In 2017, we opened an enclosed 4-season carousel pavilion. There are also plans for a seasonal skating center, fountain and park building, along with three additional geographic areas of the park to be built.
The Membership & Marketing Coordinator will be a full-time, year-round employee of Mill River Park Collaborative. Reporting to the Director of Visitor Experience. The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development of public programs and events, and working with senior staff to build brand recognition for Mill River Park.
- Support planning and preparation for public programs and events
· Manage social media accounts
· Draft monthly newsletters and manage email list through MailChimp
- Perform regular website content updates
- Respond to membership calls
- Print membership cards, welcome letters, and mail materials to members
- Oversee and schedule membership acquisitions via email, regular mail and implement the same
- Plan, implement, and staff membership events
· Outreach to lapsed members to renew membership
· Conduct membership outreach at Park events
- Maintain accurate records to track results and provide reports for analysis and Board
· B.A. with 1-2 years of experience
· Team player with demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers
· Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and stay on deadline
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Will require working evenings and weekends for public programs and events
· Intermediate experience with MS Office suite required. Experience with Altru and/or Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
· Passion for environmental causes a plus
· The ability to stand and walk for up 6-8 hour shifts daily is required.
· The ability to lift up to 40 pounds, assist with event production, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
Minimum Education Required