On One Foot...
Union for Reform Judaism is seeking an experienced Program Manager who can simultaneously help our team to develop, coordinate and implement a broad range of programs and projects. Additionally, the Program Manager will assist with the creation of curricula focusing on the tenants of Audacious Hospitality, which include, but are not limited to the support and awareness of diverse populations, such as LGBTQ, Interfaith, and Jews of Color, and widening the circle of welcome and engagement within our congregations. This person will play an instrumental role in supporting the growth of Audacious Hospitality programs and will work across the entire URJ system to deepen, enhance and expand the impact of our work.
The Program Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Audacious Hospitality and, in conjunction with their team, will build and strengthen the vision, work and visibility of AH. The Program Manager will focus on program development, research, and community outreach. This role is a vital part of an “all hands-on deck” entrepreneurial team that is regularly innovating and exploring ways to elevate AH in URJ communities and addressing issues such as LGBTQ, racial and ethnic diversity, disability and inclusion, interfaith marriage, etc.
The Program Manager position requires an organized, charismatic, experienced, action-oriented and entrepreneurial-minded professional. This person should be able to both manage various priorities, as well as be able to think conceptually and creatively about Audacious Hospitality and the lasting impact our work can have on Reform Judaism.
Experience & Qualifications...
- Knowledge of the core values, work, mission and history of the Union for Reform Judaism and Reform Movement
- Subject matter expertise in diversity and inclusion-focused work and/or with diverse populations is a plus
- Ability to learn, navigate, and update information and project management systems
- Ability to prioritize, develop timelines, and meet deadlines
- Exhibits high level of organization, time management skills, and management of numerous details for multiple projects
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate nuanced or sensitive information with a variety of stakeholders in a tactful manner
- Proactive, effective and advanced problem-solving skills, ability to think quickly and implement plans/structure for accomplishing work
- Works well in team environment and can concisely communicate plans and feedback, while maintaining a positive attitude
- High level of integrity and honesty, willing to quickly admit when a mistake has been made and make appropriate course corrections
- Highly flexible and adjustable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment with a high volume of purposeful, meaningful work
- Strong interest in on-going self-reflection, professional development, and growth
- Develop, edit, facilitate and administer AH program content and curriculum as needed; write for blogs, webinars, the AH and URJ websites, trainings, and conferences.
- Provide technical and logistical support for webinars, live events, award presentations, and conferences.
- Liaise and collaborate with the following departments, to ensure the AH mission and work are woven into all facets and areas of the URJ:
- Strengthening Congregations
- Youth/Next Generation
- Tikkun Olam (social justice)
- Other areas of the organization (North American events, operations, etc.)
- Provide transparency and clarity with regards to project progress. Proactively Identify any potential hinderances to success, as well as provide recommendations for overcoming roadblocks.
- In concert with the AH team, develop and maintain contacts, relationships with URJ staff, congregations, consultants, affiliate organizations, current and prospective donors, and other Jewish communal organizations professionals and advocates to facilitate the work of AH
- In partnership with Assistant Director, valuate, monitor, and report on the impact of programming and organizing efforts in communities to tweak or re-align work as necessary
- Research, analyze and compile, information from the Jewish Communal landscape to inform decisions on community readiness, common community issues, trends etc.
- Potentially present at various conferences, seminars, trainings and webinars, either in a lead or co-facilitator role
- Undertake special projects as needed
About Audacious Hospitality...
We stand for a Judaism that is inclusive and open. We believe that there is more than one authentic way to be Jewish and that through inclusive community building, we can better leverage our diversity to reimagine and strengthen Jewish life. The AH team highly values supporting each other in being most effective while respecting a diversity of opinion and work style. We’re committed to the success, growth, and professional advancement of each other. The team culture is one of excellence, creativity, authenticity, and humor. We believe work culture can make all the difference and prioritize both our success and well-being as we advance and align with the URJ’s broader mission of fostering a world of wholeness, justice, and compassion.
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) builds community at every level—from the way we collaborate with congregations, organizations, and individuals to how we make connections across North America to advance contemporary and inclusive Jewish life. Providing vision and voice to transform the way people connect to Judaism, we help congregations stay relevant and innovative, motivate more young Jews to embrace Jewish living, agitate for a more progressive society, and foster meaningful connections to Israel.
Founded in 1873, URJ has grown into the largest and most powerful force in North American Jewish life, with nearly 900-member congregations and work that inspires, connects and educates millions of people. Our legacy, reach, leadership, and vision mean that we can unite thousands of years of tradition with a modern, evolving Judaism to strengthen Jewish communities today and for future generations.
This is a full-time position located in New York City. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
The URJ maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Address your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Last Name, First Name] - AH Program Manager”.
Applications due: ASAP, interviews conducted on a rolling basis.