Position: Operations Manager
Benefits: Vision, Dental, & Medical Insurance and Cell Phone Reimbursement
Location: Chicago, IL -OR- Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
Start Date: Fall 2018
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading our operational, financial, and administrative functions; overseeing and maintaining a set of internal functions that make it easier for us to hit our goals and for staff to thrive; and serving as the primary go-to for organizational problem solving. This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Lead our operational, financial, and administrative functions
- Lead all administrative and operations activities to ensure smooth day-to-day functioning.
- Oversee human resource activities, including payroll processing and benefits management.
- Perform day-to-day financial management, including: processing cash receipts, paying invoices, coding expenses and reimbursements, and closing monthly books with our accountant.
- Manage contract accountant, independent auditors, and banking relationships. Lead our annual audit.
- Ensure we are in full legal compliance by maintaining an open line with our lawyers and proactively looking for and flagging potential trouble spots.
- Manage supplies and equipment.
- Provide support to the Executive Director in management of vendor relationships, contracts, and records.
Ensure organizational effectiveness
- Coordinate annual review process.
- Play a key role in developing agendas for our two annual staff retreats.
- Coordinate logistics and materials for staff meetings, board meetings, annual convenings or conferences led by the civic data and government services teams, and other events as needed.
- Serve as the hub of our talent needs by coordinating searches and helping hiring managers identify and recruit great people to join our team.
- Institutionalize onboarding and off-boarding best practices and materials.
- Create and maintain various management documents, including our employee manual, job descriptions, training plans, and organizational chart.
- Support the Executive Director in developing internal processes and driving culture shifts as we grow and mature as an organization.
Serve as the go-to for organizational problem solving
- Proactively spot and resolve ad hoc challenges that arise.
- Serve as a thought-partner to our Executive Director and senior leadership team in identifying and resolving organizational or individual challenges as they arise.
- Identify additional ways in which we could improve and take on other responsibilities as we grow.
Vision, Dental, & Medical Insurance and Cell Phone Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. To apply:
- Submit a short application at https://www.techandciviclife.org/operations-manager-application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People who demonstrate that they are qualified in their application materials will have the opportunity to complete a test.
- People who perform well on the test will be asked to participate in an interview(s).
- Based on the application, test results, interviews, and reference checks, one person will be selected for the position.
The Center for Technology and Civic Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage people of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, ages, abilities, branches of military service, and political party affiliations to apply.