Details: salary based on work experience
228 S. Wabash Ave.
The Mission of Prevent Child Abuse America is to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation's children. The Communications Manager contributes to the organization’s mission by fostering efforts to improve knowledge exchange (e.g., through network building, technology development, and technical assistance provision.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Communications is accountable for:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network's discreet audiences in collaboration with the Director of Marketing
- Acts as chief content developer for the organization, including producing web and social content that is tailored to the organization’s various audiences, including blog posts, newsletters, and graphic and video content
- Responsible for social media outreach and community management on the twitter and Facebook platforms
· Oversees discrete facets of media relations including pitching stories and crafting press releases/quotes.
- Oversees and manages all digital development projects, including future website development and the management and deployment of new digital tools
· Front- and back-end maintenance of the organization’s websites including the posting and highlighting of content, processing critical and non-critical updates, and optimizing content for search.
· Acts as the communications liaison and assist to the organization’s internal networks
· Serves as communications liaison to external committees and coalitions including, but not limited to the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse & Exploitation and the Home Visiting Coalition
· Working collaboratively with the other national office senior managers to meet the organizational mission and staffs a range of activities as requested.
· Serves as a member of the senior advisory group.
· Recommends an annual budget for the areas of supervision.
Please note that this list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Paid vacation, sick days and holidays. Health,Dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
401-K with match, office located in East Loop.
Level of Language Proficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representing the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in communication and or marketing, or public policy with at least 10+ years of related experience.
· Excellent communications skills, including both writing and public speaking
· Excellent project management and organizational skills
· Proficiency with Adobe products including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
· Proficiency with modern content management systems including WordPress and SharePoint
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, as well as design products like Adobe InDesign
Minimum Education Required