5550 West Touhy Avenue
The Les Turner ALS Foundation is looking for a full-time Development and Communications Associate to work in our Chicagoland office. We are seeking a passionate self-starter who can enhance and re-energize our online community and has experience developing and implementing effective fundraising and communications strategies.
Working under the joint direction of the Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Communications, the Development and Communications Associate will play an integral role as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to supporting people living with ALS and their families and seeing a world free of ALS.
This newly created position will be given the opportunity to create several exciting fundraising and marketing initiatives, primarily in the areas of online fundraising and digital communications. The associate will work hard to evaluate and analyze these programs in order to increase their effectiveness.
Our ideal candidate has experience in Blackbaud donor software, especially Luminate Online, and is creative, organized, strategic and collaborative, thrives on challenges and wants to make a difference in the Chicagoland ALS community.
Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Communications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Grow and monitor existing monthly giving program and grateful patient program
· Expand corporate sponsorship program and monitor communication and social media portion of corporate sponsorship agreements
· Responsible for grant management program: attracting new grantors and reporting to existing grantors
· Assist with donor stewardship events and donor prospect research
· Design and maintain major donor acknowledgement letters and online donor acknowledgements
· Attend and represent the Foundation at events (some of which are evenings and weekends) throughout the year
Evaluate current communications with online community and create initiatives to better retain and engage new, current and lapsed constituents
· Set up and maintain TeamRaiser, donation and event pages in Luminate Online
· Identify program, development and special event marketing needs and make recommendations to utilize online fundraising platforms most effectively
· Stay informed on platform releases and best practices and make recommendations to Director on how to utilize
· Manage online fundraising initiatives (ex. #GivingTuesday, year-end giving)
· Analyze effectiveness of online giving campaigns and marketing initiatives
· Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
· 3-5 years of development and communications experience in a professional setting; non-profit experience strongly preferred
· Experience in database management, email marketing, digital marketing and content management systems. Working knowledge of Blackbaud products, particularly Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge a huge plus
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events
- Must have valid driver’s license and a car
- Must possess ability to interact professionally with donors, visitors, vendors and internal staff
- Be comfortable working with people and families affected by ALS
About the Les Turner ALS Foundation:
Founded in 1977, the Les Turner ALS Foundation is the leader in comprehensive ALS care in Chicagoland. Although we’re one of the nation’s largest independent ALS groups in the country, we treat each person like family and we’re committed to supporting them every step of the way. Our individualized approach ensures each person living with the disease receives the best quality of care, and our local community of support provides their loved ones with answers and encouragement. The Les Turner ALS Center at Northwestern Medicine is led by the most well-respected and successful clinicians and researchers in the field, advancing vital care and research in pursuit of life enhancing treatments and a cure.
The Development and Communications Associate is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. The Foundation complies with the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and a writing sample (no more than three pages). Write "Development and Communications Associate" in the subject line.