The Office Manager provides administrative duties for the LWVCT and the LWVCT Education Fund (EF) and supports the Boards of Directors, local Leagues and LWVCT membership. This position is managed by the LWVCT Governance, Financial Management and Administration Committee. Direct supervisor is the President.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the office ensuring that the required office functions are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with the President and maintain frequent communications.
- Support the LWVCT and LWVCT EF Board of Directors and assist in implementing their decisions.
- Oversee the work of the Marketing and Development Coordinator as it relates to the operation of the office.
- Maintain all records and databases and keep up to date.
- Ensure that all Connecticut state and US federal reports and filings are submitted accurately and on time. These would include IRS filings, CT Lobbying reports and other required submissions.
- Oversee LWVCT financials and recordkeeping in collaboration with the Treasurer.
- Work in conjunction with the Capitol Information and Tours Director, as needed.
Job Specifications & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- General office skills and excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Customer service orientation; commitment to excellent interactions with diverse groups of people including: the public, LWV members, and leadership.
- Skill in database and records management, financial and word processing software, with ability to quickly learn specific software applications in these categories.
- Ability to organize, link and communicate the day-to-day activities to the long-term vision.
- Ability to manage daily tasks while sharing and implementing resourceful ideas and solutions for efficient work flow.
- Knowledge of accounting software, database software, internet and word processing software.
General Office/LWVCT Policy
- This position is subject to the policies outlined in the State Headquarters Office Employee Personnel Policies Manual.
- This position’s working hours will be the same as established office hours determined by the LWVCT Governance, Financial Management and Administration Committee.
- Commitment to the nonpartisan goals of the League of Women Voters, including protection of democracy, voter and citizen education, advocacy, and citizen involvement in government at all levels.
- Understand and promote League of Women Voters vision, mission, strategies and goals.
- Represent the LWVCT and LWVCT Education Fund in best possible light both in the office and outside the office.
- Operate with high integrity and compliance to local, state and federal laws as it relates to the organizations’ mission and operation.
- Commitment to excellence in every aspect of the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.