What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $22 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 37 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to the Bay Area and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico.
The Senior Human Resources Compliance Officer will be responsible for analyzing compliance criteria and develop systems to ensure best practices along with supporting the Vice President, Human Resources and the Benefits Director with special projects related to benefits, salary administration, research and other Human Resources related areas.
- In conjunction with the VP, Human Resources maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Implements internal tracking system to monitor the timeliness of these changes to ensure compliance with LISC practices and policies.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources. Ensure that the HR department remains current with the latest innovations available.
- Makes recommendations for changes in internal practices for optimum efficiency.
- Serves as the Human Resources and Payroll internal auditor by providing frequent monitoring in all related fields to ensure compliance.
- Performs regulatory reporting and HR analytics.
- In conjunction with the VP, Human Resources assists with special projects.
- Provide back-up and additional assistance to the Human Resources team, as needed.
- Apply knowledge of business intelligence (BI) tools and processes.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience performing duties related to the essential functions of the position described above in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum 5 years HR compliance management experience for a multi-state organization for 500+ employees .
- In-depth knowledge of employment standards and regulation requirements.
- Extensive technical HRIS System Management including experience implementing ATS and PMS.
- In-depth understanding payroll tax laws for multi-state workers.
- Excellent knowledge of employment reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical ability to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations and implement effective changes to streamline internal systems.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to plan and organize work, adjust to changing priorities, and achieve objectives within deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills: analytical and problem-solving skills; decision-making skills and sound judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with employee data systems such as ADP Workforce Now in order to produce reports and retrieve data.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & JUSTICE