Position Title: Financial Coach
Location: Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte
Reports to: Senior Director of Learner Support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is seeking an enthusiastic, mission-driven, expert Financial Coach to partner with our learners to identify, take action and achieve their financial goals. As part of Per Scholas’ Learner Support Team (LST), that incorporates an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) model into the experience of our learners, Financial Coaches work in partnership with our learners to
- Share strategies for sound financial management
- Intervene and collaborate to resolve financial issues that require immediate action
- Review financial security tools and identify resources
- Build skills necessary to make informed financial decisions and achieve long-term economic stability
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Facilitate structured Financial Capability Workshops
- Meet with learners in one-on-one coaching sessions
- Assist learners with a range of financial capability related to credit and debt management
- Teach students strategies to navigate personal banking and money management
- Collaborate with Financial Coaches, the Learner Support Team and Directors in developing and implementing revisions to our in house Financial coaching, as well as introducing new curriculum and site-specific service offerings
- Partner with the Career Services team to provide students with benefits enrollment and referrals to outside organizations for additional assistance
- Develop, organize, and maintain a comprehensive on-site resource center with articles, tip sheets, worksheets, and other relevant information
- Build and support partnerships with community-based organizations and government agencies, to enable credible referrals for bankruptcies, starting a small business, foreclosure prevention, legal assistance, and other financial related issues
- Track student progress and complete weekly reports based on student meetings and critical financial indicators, while ensuring the privacy, confidentiality and data security of all students
- Play a vital role in the Learner Support Team, participating in regular cycle conferencing to ensure seamless delivery of integrated supports and targeted interventions
- Create, analyze, and present regular progress reports, to supervisors, partners, funders
- Participate in local and national events, forums and conferences related to financial education
- Stay current on developments in the financial education field, including local policies
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Accredited Financial Counselor or Equivalent
- Passionate about personal finance, financial education and counseling/coaching
- Demonstrated commitment to economic justice and equity, working with diverse people from a strength based perspective and honoring individuals as the experts in their own experiences
- Experience measuring, reporting, and communicating program results
- Experience in organizational training & development or learning & development
- Experience working in collaboration with adults (18+)
- Knowledge of workforce development
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite; Salesforce and Change Machine
- Deep experience working in or understanding of unique local community context
- You have a strong passion for social justice and economic empowerment
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You are tech savvy and can learn new tools quickly.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work as part of a team, cross-functionally with other departments, and independently.
- You have strong public speaking, presentation, and written communications skills.
- You have excellent attention to detail, are strong at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You are enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing.
- You see students and graduates as capable, resourceful and experts in their own experience.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York, NY. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 9,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.