Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects, submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects, Salesforce tracking, data integrity maintenance and special projects within the Development Department, as assigned by the Associate Director of Development.
- Grow foundation giving from 5% of annual operating budget to 10% within the first 18 months.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on individuals, foundations, and corporations to evaluate partnership opportunities.
- Work with finance department to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grants.
- Develop understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments with foundation officers and other prospects, and arrange onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees, etc.).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc.).
- Work with Associate Director of Development and Communications Department to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including annual report, newsletters, and mailers).
- Develop, refine & maintain Salesforce reporting functionality; create dashboards, object views, email alerts and other ad hoc reports.
- Create and manage basic Salesforce records (contacts, organizations and leads).
- Create and manage Salesforce Campaigns and Opportunities.
- Create and edit Development Department materials as requested.
- Assist with other fundraising projects and events as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet fundraising goals.
Email your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com. Please state where you saw this job listing.
Minimum Education Required