The Florida Immigrant Coalition (FLIC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to amplify
the power of immigrant communities to impact the root causes of inequality, defending and
protecting basic human rights, including the right to live without fear.
1 in 5 residents in Florida are immigrants. The South Florida region covering Dade and Broward County an extraordinary example of the richly diverse immigrant population in the state. This full time position is responsible for deepening relationships, and building intentional and strategic alignment in the region in order to amplify the power and dignity of immigrant communities.
Detail of Responsibilities
- Develop a base of directly impacted people that would passionately advance the work of immigrant justice.
- Foster and track mutual growth in existing member relationships through intentional 1 on 1s, collective consciousness-building and trainings.
- Evaluate the level of commitment and capacity in members in order to properly support their growth and leadership.
- Identify local issues and make deliberate decisions on the level of commitment that would best fit the program and long term vision.
- Lead and support on integrated civic engagement and service models that would elevate community awareness and participation in the democratic process.
- Strategically engage, align, and mobilize membership on advocacy and implementation of policies that reflect our values at the local, state, and federal level.
- Cultivate relationships with strategic allies and partners in order to expand reach and uplift opportunities for intersectional capacity building.
- Plan and host a dynamically engaging annual regional membership meeting that would promote collective power-building and alignment in the region.
- Support the curriculum development and implementation of the coalition’s conscious-building political education programs.
- Consult participants on the content, facilitation, and engagement level of workshops to evaluate impact and areas for growth.
- Identify, train, and support facilitators in membership-led workshops.
- Support communication and awareness campaigns that educate communities on current political context and action.
- Alignment with FLIC values and mission: Committed to an ideology of building community power and shares FLIC’s commitment to membership grassroots decision making.
- Experience in coalition, labor, or grassroots organizing, at least 1 year.
- Is politically conscious about intersectional causes of oppression and resistance, can work and connect with other social justice issues and links our state and national work to transnational focus.
- Ability to recruit, coordinate, and engage large mobilizations towards action.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment while problem solving in order to meet priorities.
- Self-motivated and disciplined in planning and tracking priorities, with attention to detail, for bi weekly reporting.
- Comfortable in working and contributing to a highly collaborative and diverse team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Google based collaborative Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
- Dedicated and able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel for statewide meetings and trainings at least once a month
The Florida Immigrant Coalition is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, trans, queer, and people of color are encouraged to apply.