403 West 40th Street
Nature of Work
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day project management of affordable housing development projects, including coordinating all development activities with the appropriate lenders, joint venture partners, contractors, owners, architects, engineers and government agencies. Current CHDC projects range from 4 to 100+ units and include both substantial rehabilitation and new construction.
1. Create project précis and narrative.
2. Engage and coordinate project consultants including architect, engineers, surveyor, owner’s rep, and environmental designer.
3. Prepare site feasibility and zoning analyses.
4. Prepare project financial projections including development and operating budgets.
5. Review and coordinate preliminary architectural work including inspections, schematic submissions, design drawings and scope review.
6. Work with government agencies and lenders to ensure required project information is submitted in a timely manner.
7. Represent organization and present project during public approval process.
8. Coordinate with project attorneys to prepare, collect and organize all closing documents.
1. Attend construction meetings.
2. Coordinate consultants, review work, and track progress.
3. Obtain approvals of contractor requisitions, invoices, and vouchers from lenders.
4. Track and monitor the project budget.
5. Manage change order process and track all proposed change orders.
6. Work with architect and general contractor to track and monitor submittals and approvals.
Close out phase:
1. Work with architect, expeditor and general contractor to obtain temporary and final certificate of occupancy,
2. Work with city agencies to secure appropriate tax exemption certificate.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 4 years related work experience required or a Master’s Degree in a related field.
· Proven knowledge of housing development process and/or prior work experience in housing development.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Must be a self-starter with drive to take projects to completion
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Must be comfortable in the field as well as in an office setting
- Computer literacy required, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Director of Housing Development
$50,000 – $60,000
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application: send all coverletters and resumes to email@example.com