Nexleaf works to preserve human life and protect our planet by leveraging data gathered from the hardest to reach places on the earth. Partnering with leading organizations such as Google.org and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we build data-driven solutions to serve vaccination, clean cooking, and newborn care initiatives in under-resourced countries around the world.
Join our passionate team of insatiable learners, humble truth seekers, and most importantly, people who fiercely challenge convention to create a more equitable world for the poorest 3 billion.
We’re looking for a passionate leader to own our finance function, from strategic to tactical. You’ll roll up your sleeves while developing initiatives that ensure our team is grounded in our values while working towards a shared mission. Your role will be critical to helping us expand our impact on global health and climate change efforts over time:
First 30 Days
- Learn all aspects of our organization, by bringing your analytical and curious nature as you forge relationships with people across organization including our team and partners internationally.
- You’ll gain context for where we’ve been and where we’d like to go so you can see the big picture and draw connections before the tinkering happens.
- Act as the hands-on partner and resource for all finance related matters.
- Coordinate bookkeeping responsibilities with our current finance associate and review work as needed.
First 90 Days
- Begin establishing a financial foundation needed to scale our growth. This includes building our financial discipline around budgeting and decision making, including providing support to leaders around important investments.
- Own and deliver on day to day operations across these functions:
- Finance & Accounting (85%): Full accounting cycle from weekly to annual, including reconciliations, monthly close, annual reporting, audits, and tax submission. Complete AP and AR, including processing invoices, collecting and disbursing payments, and projecting future payables and receivables. Manage revenue by tracking / reporting on grants and preparing invoices against grants.
- International and Corporate Compliance (15%): Lead efforts around international compliance, law and accounting. This includes helping us think about our structure/entity set-up as we expand, coordinating with our India accountants to report on financials, facilitating our annual filings and acting as an internal resource for decisions around international employee relations.
First 180 Days
- Start cultivating a data-driven culture that helps our leaders identify the right investment opportunities and risks at the right time.
- Other leaders clearly understand the economic effects of their decisions along with trade-offs.
- You’ll start optimizing processes across finance and accounting to help us realize a longer term vision of looking at resource allocation in a new, integrated way while identifying the right metrics for understanding our impact.
If you’ve got a passion for social impact and are excited to play a key role in shaping our finance and accounting function as we grow globally in size and complexity, let’s talk!
Desired Experience and Background:
- Experience with final responsibility for finance and accounting, preferably at a non-profit (CPA strongly preferred; global and growing company a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy: Familiarity with G-Suite, Xero and Quickbooks preferred
- Experience with earned revenue, cost of goods sold, and international subsidiaries a plus
- You thrive in excel and love learning a new shortcut. Forecasting and modeling are second nature and you have personally led entire financial builds from the ground up.
- Think strategically. You will work directly with the CEO and leadership team on multi-year strategic plans, roadmapping the success of the business.
- Reflective leader, able to draw from past successes and failures and continuously strives to improve own personal philosophy on people
- Self-driven and uniquely capable of navigating a dynamic, high volume and changing workload
Anticipated Process for Top Candidates
- Phone interview with our People team
- Zoom interviews with the hiring manager and one of our Program Directors
- Final round in person with our Head of People, Program Directors, CEO, including an interactive assignment
- Plenty of time for questions and communication to see if we are right for each other