OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We aspire to build a diverse team, one that better reflects the people and communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Collaboration - We are a true network. We believe in the power and benefits of broad engagement, empowerment and collaboration.
Connection - We actively build relationships that connect people, ideas, and organizations to forge new paths for improving communities.
Inclusion - We recognize our power comes from the collective and cooperative nature of our work, based on an environment that is inclusive of diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
Respect - We are open, honest, and respectful in all of our interactions which strengthens our relationships, our mission, our work with colleagues and members, and ultimately the lives of the people we all serve.
Transformation - We work with our members to transform our industry by creating systemic solutions to help people who live in our communities to thrive.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
HPN Select is a national procurement solution for HPN members — organizations that share a common goal of helping people live in cleaner, safer, healthier and more affordable homes. Our goal is to ensure the future of procurement for affordable housing, is simpler, more streamlined and built for sustainability and efficiency. We are working to help developers and owner-managers connect with vendors in ways that make it easier to access quality and nationally available products at a fair price. And we are enabling greater visibility and transparency in buying decisions and smarter dollar allocations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Account Manager is to manage and administer an assigned category of spend across HPN Select customers delivering purchasing services to both internal and external customers. The role will provide expertise in procurement and commercial analysis of suppliers and industries within the assigned category. The role requires the development of strategies for growth and the development of contracts within the assigned category with a focus on commercial and customer benefits.
In addition, the role requires a capacity for analysis of data and both financial and statistical information, the administration and/or management of purchasing related projects and contracts, such as benchmarking and mini-competitions while also contributing to the wider work of the Housing Partnership Network, Inc. (“HPN”).
The role will report directly to the VP, Operations of HPN Select.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for supporting the sales, marketing, and communication plans in development of specific category plans.
• Formulate, develop, and be responsible for a strategic category plan and its financial performance and growth
• Provide outstanding account management services to HPN Select customers, meet customer service benchmarks
• Implement the prescribed commercial, contract, and supplier relationship management programs as set out by HPN Select
• Develop and maintain continuous engagement with key suppliers and client members ensuring performance and customer service are key considerations
• Analyze data generated by company systems and other sources and preparing reports for HPN Select for both internal and external publication
• Manage sourcing and other procurement processes in line with both departmental and category targets and, where required, US procurement regulations;
• Liaise with suppliers on behalf of HPN Select and its customers, handling any disputes which may arise
• Plan, forecast, and implement sourcing timetables for the category or categories under management.
• Measure performance against defined targets for the category, reporting monthly on performance to the VP, Operations of HPN Select
• Responsible for the commercial and operational performance of each contract assigned
• Attendance at internal and external meetings
• Communicate with client members via telephone, mailings, newsletters, electronic media, and site visits as appropriate
• Conduct supplier meetings and project presentations when required
• Prepare budgets for projects
• Maintain established administrative and accounting procedures for all projects
• Support the work of other staff in the department ensuring that good customer care is delivered at all times
• Undertake such training as may be reasonably required to maintain an appropriate level of technical competence for the post
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
• A minimum of 2 years of equivalent expertise
• Ability to promote and sell the programs that you have established to new and existing customers
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of business systems, theories, processes, rules and regulations and how they apply to technology
• Extensive knowledge and skills with tools to create complex queries, analyze data and create meaningful reports
• Experience extracting, transforming, and analyzing complex and distributed data sets
• Proven ability to identify and address situations requiring tact and diplomacy using written and/or verbal skills
• Proven ability to develop, monitor, and communicate changes to project scope, project plans, timelines, status, issues, and risks for moderately complex projects, or subsets of complex projects
• Strong written and communication skills with the ability to organize and present clear and concise oral and written reports of findings and recommendations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
The desirable skills, knowledge and experience of the candidate include the following:
• An understanding of Supply Chain Management or Procurement
• Experience working in a consultative, customer-facing environment
• Knowledge of QlikSense is desired, but not necessary
• Knowledge in using Microsoft Excel at an above average level
• A background in procurement analysis
• The individual will have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across a broad range of complex stakeholder relationships
• We are looking for someone who considers the customer at the heart of everything they do and supports and nurtures an environment of innovation and creativity
• The person will have substantial experience in either industry analysis or the commercial interpretation in a procurement environment
• Considerable experience of managing supplier relationships
• A willingness to take personal responsibility for the success of assignments;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• An ability to work well and effectively under pressure;
• An infectious enthusiasm for the delivery of a high-quality service to internal and external candidates
· Position may be performed remotely in the US
· Moderate travel required
Please click here to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color…