Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
540 President Sreet
Reel Works seeks a Development Director who is passionate about our mission to give young New Yorkers the tools, mentoring and training to tell their stories and have their voices heard. We seek a strategic leader who can partner with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to build relationships with stakeholders that will grow our revenue and create opportunities for our young people to thrive.
The Development Director is responsible for creating, managing and implementing the annual fundraising plan; working with leadership to solicit major individual, corporate, and foundation donors; recruiting new prospects for general board and committee membership; implementing new strategies to expand supporters and overseeing communications efforts to increase visibility, especially within NYC’s film & television industry.
About Reel Works
Reel Works is one of the leading youth media educators in the United States. We serve over 800 youth after school and in classrooms of NYC public schools. Our unique filmmaking programs match teens 1:1 with professional filmmaker-mentors to tell their stories and have their voices heard. It’s a powerful combination that changes young lives while creating startling and original films that have been seen by millions viewers since our founding in 2001. We have experienced dramatic growth in recent years through diverse revenue that includes foundations, corporate sponsorship, earned income and an annual gala. Our highly engaged board is committed to increasing our impact making Reel Works the charity of choice of NYC media professionals.
The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors. S/he will manage a full time Development & Communications Associate, a part-time grant writer and development volunteers or interns. The ideal candidate is a creative, strategic, personable and disciplined fundraiser, savvy with boards and high-level donors, with a proven record of meeting ambitious fundraising goals. Responsibilities Include:
● Work with the Executive Director to plan and manage the annual fundraising budget and development plan. Create clear, specific, and measurable goals and programs, conduct evaluation and reporting on goals and adjust strategies when necessary.
● Build and maintain an aggressive calendar of solicitations to foundation, corporate and government funding sources. Work with Executive Director and program staff to develop strategic and innovative proposals to increase our capacity and serve our mission.
● Develop and grow our Corporate Media Council of industry donors.
● Cultivate and build our existing donor base through consistent, strategic outreach and engagement.
● Research and solicit prospects for major gifts, board of directors, committees and advisory board – including media executives, filmmakers and celebrities.
● Create strategies to increase individual giving.
● Manage fundraising and cultivation events throughout the year, including our annual spring gala.leading auction and event fundraising; tracking and reporting.
● Oversee and manage all communications with Development & Communications Associate.
● Develop digital, video, and print collateral for all fundraising needs.
● Manage Salesforce, maintaining donor information and accurate recordkeeping and managing correspondence, leading to greater insight into and strategic growth of donor base and fundraising.
● Manage a team and focus on both measurable performance and career growth.
Health, Dental, Vision & 401K
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required