2030 Harrison Street
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets motivated, low-income public high school students to and through college with a rigorous out-of-school supplemental academic curriculum, college guidance and the leadership development necessary to gain admission to, and succeed at, competitive colleges and universities. SEO Scholars San Francisco is the first expansion region for this program and aims to replicate for Bay Area students the stellar outcomes that the program has delivered in New York City.
SEO Scholars San Francisco is seeking a motivated individual to join a small, fast-paced team committed to executing our mission with excellence every day. This individual will assist the development team with data management, gift entry and acknowledgment, and general support for approximately 4 weeks preceding and following our annual fundraising event. The ideal candidate is a database guru with extensive experience keeping meticulous records in a database and a drive to ensure accuracy of information.
SEO Scholars San Francisco is a team of 8 full time staff, 8-10 part-time instructors and 4-6 other part-time staff. The role will provide exposure to how a regional non-profit organization functions, proximity to an amazing group of high school students and a top-notch program, and the opportunity to collaborate with a highly experienced team. The temporary development assistant reports to the associate development director and coordinates closely with the development and operations coordinator.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of donations into Raiser's Edge with meticulous
- attention to detail
- Create personalized donor acknowledgment letters to help steward supporters
- Run gift and pledge reports to ensure accuracy of revenue records
- Create new donor accounts and update existing accounts with relevant information in Raiser's Edge
- Support efforts to clean up donor database to ensure uniformity of data and prepare for database migration
- Assist the development team with day-of support for annual event on November 1st
- Support volunteer coordination for the day of the event
- Jump in to support the team as needed
- Extremely organized, efficient and detailed oriented
- Experience with Windows and Excel
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Raiser's Edge or other donor database system required
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude with a willingness to be flexible to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks, as well as long-term projects requiring collaboration with colleagues
- Superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
Somewhat flexible schedule: M-F part-time, 30 hours per week for about 4 weeks. Working hours between 9am-6pm. Flexibility in hours worked each week, if desire to expand 6-8 weeks.
Minimum Education Required