55 Exchange Place
About the Council of Urban Professionals (CUP)
CUP works to close racial equity and inclusion gaps. We do this by accelerating the careers of professionals of color by cultivating their talent and connecting them with each other and those in spheres of influence to lead the change we want to see. CUP was founded in 2007 and operates in New York and Los Angeles. Our cross-sector, cross-industry network of professionals of color is 10,000 strong and growing.
CUP is seeking an organized professional with superior time management skills and a passion for community service. He or she is seeking to develop new skills and gain exposure to a range of roles. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a dynamic and growing non-profit. CUP offers a flexible, collegial work atmosphere and many opportunities for professional growth. This position will give the Administrative Assistant access to CUP’s operations, communications, and programming teams.
The ideal candidate is proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, enjoys multi-tasking, and is capable of sourcing relevant information quickly using team members and the Internet. The Administrative Assistant addresses potential problems with foresight and takes initiative with his or her work. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Chief of Staff. For immediate hire.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calendar management for the Executive Director, including travel arrangements
- Internal meeting management (e.g. scheduling, prep, recording notes/minutes, action item follow-up)
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly reporting and Board materials
- Coordinating with the marketing and communications team to develop and maintain a calendar of newsletters, email blasts, and social media posts
- Creating research profiles on current and prospective partners and contacts
- Assisting in data entry and management using Excel and Salesforce
- Verifying accuracy of information provided by vendors and management
- Maintaining the Accounts Payable and Receivable files thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- Matching purchase orders and receiving audits to invoices
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Shares CUP’s philosophy, vision, and values
- Highly skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Familiarity using Salesforce preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a professional setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with non-profits
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send emails with subject line “Administrative Assistant,” cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. The Council of Urban Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.