1733 Russell Cave Road
Radio Eye seeks a dedicated, detail-oriented Office Manager responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of its office and studios.
Radio Eye – a non-profit radio reading service headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky – produces a 24-hour broadcast for people who are blind or otherwise print disabled, with the help of a small staff and 200 volunteers. Radio Eye broadcasts throughout Kentucky via telephone; and in Central and Eastern Kentucky and the Louisville Metro Area by radio and other media. Visit our website (www.radioeye.org) to find out more.
Salary: $12.00 - $14.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, 7:30am – 3:30pm Monday-Friday, with occasional weekends
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
· Warm and friendly demeanor
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Self-starter; able to work well without much supervision after training
· Must be able to work with staff and a large pool of volunteers in daily activities
· Able to learn recording system well enough to teach it to new volunteers
· Able to learn automation system
· Computer/tech savvy (able to fix or troubleshoot minor problems, with the help of tech support)
· Proficient at Microsoft Office suite – especially Word and Excel
· Able to pass a reading audition
· Able to prioritize competing job tasks
· Able to keep calm in stressful situations
· Able to empathize with blind & print-disabled persons who need help to access printed materials
· Ability to read and understand spoken Spanish
· Knowledge of Kentucky geography and communities
Supervise the Studio
o Orientation, audition, selection, and training/on-boarding of new volunteers
o Manage volunteer schedule – permanent and substitute readers, control board operators, etc.
o Maintain volunteer email group
o Liaise with Louisville studio on volunteer assignments
o Update volunteers on new policies and procedures, and solicit their feedback on their volunteer experience
o Coordinate background checks for new volunteers
o Maintain program bins & all subscriptions. Let the Executive Director or Program Director know when subscriptions are missing/expired
o Listen to the program streams throughout the day, with an ear out for problems (silence, etc.)
o Become proficient on recording and automation equipment
o Act in case of equipment failure (by calling tech support, alerting Executive Director, etc.).
o Learn usual fixes for ongoing or recurring issues, and implement them when needed
o Prepare playlists in the absence of Program Director
o Ensure all programs for the day are read
o Fill in for missing readers and control board operators, during the week & on the weekend
o Check recorded programs before they air, and fix issues (volume, silences, etc.)
· Answer the phone and door. Receive visitors and deal with inquiries
· Take and pick up mail from box
· Receive, process and test returned radios
· Process listener applications
· Arrange delivery of radios to listeners – SCA and internet
· Update/maintain the database
· Anticipate the need for office supplies and other inventory. Let the Executive Director know what supplies are needed
· Report problems with lighting, heating and a/c, etc. to Executive Director and library staff
· Sign for packages, as needed
· Update Radio Eye forms, as needed
· Schedule social media posts for Facebook and Twitter
· Answer messages on Facebook and Twitter
· Work with the volunteer committees to complete tasks
· Attend committee meetings
· Take minutes at committee meetings
E-mail resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.