1342 Florida Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
PAVE (Parents Amplifying Voices in Education) is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to connect, inform, and empower parent leaders to give families in DC a voice and choice in the vision for education in our city. In the vision of PAVE, parents are partners and leaders in developing a diversity of safe, nurturing, and great schools for every child in every ward and community.
PAVE is dedicated to creating an environment where the vision for education in DC is not created for children and families but rather with children and families, shifting and changing the dynamics of power in our city so that communities and parents are partners in creating great schools in DC. PAVE intentionally and constructively asks parents to engage in education policy in DC, creates opportunities for parents to lead and advocate, helps parents to understand the system, builds relationships between parents and those who are making and influencing the education landscape in DC, and advocates on behalf of great school options and equitable supports for all children, regardless of sector.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations and Strategy, the Operations Coordinator is an integral part of the PAVE team, providing essential support to the senior management team and the organization as whole. The Operations Coordinator will focus on operations, infrastructure, systems, and event support.
Operations and Organization Infrastructure
- Research and develop organizational systems with Associate Director of Operations and Strategy
- Assist in development and refinement of operations manuals and policies
- Support with planning and logistics for staff outings, retreats, and activities
- Oversee office inventory, supply orders, and logistics around materials and space requests
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org calendar and monitor email for general inquiries to the organization
- Coordinate and support with all-staff and internal meetings and Board meetings
- Support with basic IT (email, calendars, etc.) and communicate with technology support as needed
- Support the managing and tracking of departmental budgets
Database and Website Management
- Oversee database and carry out ongoing audits to ensure quality
- Carry out system administration to adjust database format and tracking as needed
- Design new webpages
- Manage website updates to www.dcpave.org (webpages, news and updates, calendars, event pages)
External Programming/ Event Support
- Support with logistical planning for PAVE events including, but not limited to: the PAVE Parent Policy Summit, elected official breakfasts and luncheons, PLE Board Meetings, and PLC Meetings, and panels
- Maintain relationships with vendors (catering, childcare, rentals)
Assist the Associate Director of Operations and Strategy in other matters as identified and assigned.
The Operations Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to PAVE’s mission. The Operations Coordinator should have a background in education, non-profit work, and/or start-up environments. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- 1-5 years of work experience;
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Previous experience planning community events and managing budgets for events;
- Advanced proficiency in a range technology-based platforms and processes highly preferred, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Wordpress; MailChimp; Asana; Google Apps; Salesforce;
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadlines, particularly around data entry, data analysis, and copy editing;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced, start-up environment;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with diverse groups of people; and
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Minimum Education Required