Avaaz’s Campaign Directors direct the core work of the organisation, and together with the Executive Director form the senior team that engages with all strategic and organisational questions.
This is an exciting leadership position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
As a Campaign Director with a spike in Media, you will be responsible for conceiving, developing, and executing innovative communication strategies to win campaigns and make Avaaz a household name. This role will report to another Campaign Director.
- Developing and delivering extraordinary media strategies to win campaigns and build the brand through charismatic actions.
- Generating high-profile and highly targeted press coverage on key campaigns and for profile pieces.
- Writing excellent releases, op-eds and talking points with memey language that travels
- Excellent project leadership and management capability, including ability to manage multiple fast paced workstreams, staff and freelancers.
- Monitoring world events to identify opportunities for strong campaigns, and consulting with experts and rapidly developing a strong strategy, policy, and message.
- Developing excellent media relationships with editors, senior journalists who will cover and report on Avaaz work in key territories.
- Public speaking and media work, and ability to prepare others to execute both excellently.
- Spotting brand risk and responding to it efficiently and effectively.
- Helping to shape the overall strategic direction of the organization, and at times taking responsibility for recruitment, team building and management, and special projects.
This is a demanding role that requires remarkable talent in a wide range of areas. The skills you'll use every day are:
- Strong strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strong media strategies for campaign impact and brand growth.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- Strong network in and knowledge of media landscape in one of these locations: London, Brussels, New York, Washington D.C.
Salary varies with location and experience, but is highly competitive with leading nongovernmental organizations. Benefits also range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is a requirement. Fluency in other languages is desirable, especially Portuguese, German, French, Spanish and Arabic.
Minimum Education Required