2200 Halethorpe Farms Road
Overall purpose of the position: The Maryland Food Bank is looking for an enthusiastic team member with the ability to think innovatively about upgrades to data management and processes. An integral member of the Donor Services Team, the Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for gift entry, donor record upkeep, and donor acknowledgements. The Maryland Food Bank receives over 62,000 donations annually, all of which the Donor Relations Coordinator will touch through a variety of custom data collection and output processes using Microsoft Excel and the Raiser’s Edge. The Donor Relations Coordinator will also answer donor inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner or redirect questions to other team members to ensure the donor has a positive experience with the Maryland Food Bank.
Experience: The candidate must be tech-savvy, and be an avid learner with an interest in data management. At least one year prior experience in a customer service role or development department is required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution required. Degree in computer science, data management, or nonprofit administration preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: The Donor Relations Coordinator must be a someone who loves process and systems, and be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. S/he should be highly organized and attentive to details. S/he should be able to set priorities and complete assignments independently. S/he should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be courteous, friendly and professional with donor interactions.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of food-insecure Marylanders by supporting MFB’s fundraising and marketing efforts!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurately manipulate data to efficiently enter donations daily from a multitude of sources into the Raiser’s Edge.
· Collaborate with gift officers and finance department to quickly determine appropriate attribution of gifts; ensure everyone is informed about designations.
· Swiftly update constituent address data from returned mail, donor requests, etc.
· Aid the Donor Database Manager with innovative data health efforts.
· Work with Donor Database Manager on department data requests and creating dashboards to suit the unique needs of individual staff members.
· Produce a variety of donor mailings including in-house acknowledgements, annual statements, and pledge reminders.
· Answer donor inquiries via phone and email.
· Produce weekly report to help External Affairs stay current on recent donations.
· Help the Stewardship Specialist and other EA team members with detailed donor cultivation mailings and activities on an as-needed basis.
Essential Working Conditions
This position is required to work extended hours during periods of high volume (i.e. end of calendar and fiscal year).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
No phone calls, please!
Outstanding benefits package, including generous PTO.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit the Careers Page of the Maryland Food Bank website at https://mdfoodbank.org/careers/.