94 Lincoln Street
MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. is seeking a full-time Manager of Mediation & Training to begin in October 2018.
MetroWest Mediation Services (MWMS) is a not-for-profit community mediation program serving the MetroWest area. MWMS provides direct service in both community and court-referred matters where parties are seeking a peaceful, non-adversarial method for resolving their dispute. MWMS serves four district courts, the Middlesex Juvenile Court and the Middlesex Probate & Family Court. Our community mediation program includes an active divorce mediation practice. A volunteer roster of 35 mediators assist the MWMS staff in conducting 250-300 mediations per year. MWMS offers mediator training and conflict resolution workshops to community members, schools, organizations, and businesses.
Manager of Mediation & Training:
- Manages court & community mediation services;
- Co-mediates with staff and volunteer mediators;
- Supervises, trains and schedules volunteer mediators;
- Serves as liaison to court personnel;
- Conducts intake calls and safety screening with potential parties to mediation;
- Organizes and runs trainings and workshops;
- Develops, with the ED, new relationships and outreach opportunities;
- Inputs case information into database system
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree preferred;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the field of mediation; at least 5 years of mediation experience preferred
- Completion of Basic Mediation Training; advanced training preferred.
- Supervisory experience, including the ability to maintain a positive work environment and an effective working relationship with employees, volunteers and court personnel;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively before a variety of audiences;
- Interest in exploring and developing new opportunities;
- Takes initiative and follows through with tasks;
- Computer and database skills;
- Detail-oriented and organized
This is a full-time 40 hour/week position. Candidate will need reliable transportation to reach the office in Framingham and the courts served.
Benefits include 401K Retirement Plan with up to 4% Employer Match, Vacation and Paid Time-Off & Professional Development Funding
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants, please e-mail:
- A letter of interest;
- A resume;
To: Seth Izen, Executive Director
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin September 10th.
MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, national origin or disability. We encourage applications from women, persons of color, sexual orientation minorities and others who will contribute to the diversity of the organization.