Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has four openings for Program Finance Administrators to work in Billing Operations.
* Plan, organize, and prepare for review the timely processing of contract vouchers, billing submission packages, and reports to government/private funding sources
* Meet monthly with the various Practice Administrators to coordinate staff allocation changes, coordinate and ensure changes are implemented into Financial Edge, and prepare staff allocation reports for review
* Analyze, review, and reconcile General Ledger accounts by program
* Verify that reimbursements are not in excess of contract amounts
* Ensure that contract revenues and expenses are recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts
* Initiate timely and accurate follow-ups on outstanding accounts receivable balances with Grantors on outstanding unpaid billings and reimbursements as necessary
* Work in conjunction with other team members to ensure that department project completion deadlines are met
* Create and prepare Excel schedules and control reports
* Perform special projects as requested
* Assist with individual program audits, as well as the Society's year-end audit when necessary
* Provide forecast and analysis for assigned programs and potential new funding.
* Provide budget narratives for assigned programs and/or new budget preparations as required by funders and/or Practices
* Coordinate and monitor subcontractor contract compliance and reporting, as needed
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum of two years of work experience in an accounting or operations environment; non-profit is preferred
* Experience with Financial Edge a plus
* Advanced Excel skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Ability to work well in a team
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong sense of professionalism and confidentiality and a strong work ethic
* This is a position that requires effective and efficient attention to accuracy and detail, a strong ability to multi-task, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required