Position Overview: The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immune deficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and research.
This position will be responsible for the operational day-to-day data entry into the organization’s constituent database (Civi CRM). This position will interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under time constraints while maintaining flexibility and efficiency. Professionalism and confidentiality is important in this role. Attention to detail is vital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately process and key all donations made to IDF via check, credit card, direct deposit and import files
- Accurately key/upload all donations from other constituent sources including, Facebook, Team Raiser, etc.
- Run daily gift proof reports
- Oversee all aspects of the matching gift processing to include gift entry, donation confirmations, and donor research
- Prepare timely and accurate thank you receipts, acknowledgment letters and other donor related correspondence
- Assist with mailing list pulls, both scheduled and on-demand
- Perform database analysis and make financial corrections and adjustments as needed for the Development and Business Operations departments
- Create, update and merge constituent information
- Routinely review, update and maintain data records to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Other duties as assigned, including various administrative tasks
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Fundraising database experience
- Critical degree of data entry accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of databases and/or accounting software
- PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to identify inefficient and ineffective processes and implement improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Polished, professional appearance
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and time management skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
A.A. Degree or combination of relevant experience. One to two years’ experience as a Database Specialist.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is able to travel by automobile, train and airline (rarely).
Is able to interact with groups of people in both small and group settings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; use hands and fingers for writing and typing; occasional lifting of supplies and materials up to and including 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents or hardcopy and computer monitor.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Generous PTO, 85% of employee healthcare benefits paid by employer, 65% of dependent healthcare benefits are employer paid. LTD, STD, ADD & Life insurance are company paid. 401k match after 6 months (1000 hours) of employment.
Minimum Education Required