1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
The Senior Content Manager, Digital, works closely with the Senior Director, Digital Programs and Education to facilitate strategic and effective content creation across different aspects of the organization’s work, especially work related to 18-29 year olds. This may include: strategizing, crafting, and publishing text, image, and video content for several digital properties, mostly though, Bedsider and the Power to Decide web sites. The position requires the individual to interact with target audiences in contexts such as focus groups, interviews, and surveys; interpreting audience research/analytics to ensure that content resonates with intended audiences; maintaining a comprehensive editorial calendar for dynamic web content needs; and working closely with contributors that include health care providers, policy experts. While this position is the primary content provider, there may also be times when s/he engages freelance writers, video producers, and interns.
We are looking for an individual who is energetic, outgoing, creative, and who has a strong ability to produce technical and consumer content that is engaging and informative.
This position will work with all throughout the organization and reports directly to the Senior Director, Digital.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing and producing the content creation process from concept to completion primarily for Bedsider and Power to Decide web sites.
• Duties include writing articles, scripts, and other types of content for 18-to-29 year olds, translating complex information about health and public policy into simple and comprehensible language.
• Create engaging micro-content for social media and Power to Decide’s birth control daily reminder app, editing marketing and communications messaging, and crafting development copy for fundraising appeals.
• Supports the Marketing and Communications department by providing content creation, editorial feedback, best practices, and strategy for various campaign-wide indicatives including our signature #Thxbirthcontrol campaign.
• Offers expertise about user-centered digital content creation and strategy to Power to Decide staff and partners in informal and formal settings.
This is exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. S/he will be collaborative and proactive; value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. S/he will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention and be passionate about creating a culture in which all young people can thrive. Demonstrated experience in graphic design, video production, or brand management with a nonprofit or NGO organization desired.
The ideal candidate will hold at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least have 5-to-8 years of relevant work experience. Strong creative and verbal skills and strong attention to details are an absolute must. S/he will have a passion and skill for the written word, and must be able to build relationships, follow through, meet deadlines, and be organized. Must be a self-starter who can solve problems creatively, multi-task productively, and pay meticulous attention to details.
In addition, the candidate will have the following attributes:
• Have a versatile writing style from funny to informative, from consumer to organizational, and a strong understanding of brand, voice, and tone.
• Be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Be self-motivated autonomous, and comfortable juggling a variety of tasks with limited supervision.
• Have a collaborative spirit, strong interpersonal skills, and strong ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues, partners, and other content producers.
• Believe in Power to Decide’s mission to improve the lives and future prospects of children and families by reducing rates of unplanned pregnancy among teens and young adults in the U.S. and our engaging, sex-positive, accessible-yet-authoritative approach to sex ed.
• Have a curious nature and excellent research skills.
• Professional experience using social media sites including any or all of the following: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in English or Journalism; health background helpful.
• Excellent substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking skills.
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of AP and Chicago style guides and the ability to develop and maintain in-house style guides.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and salary history to: email@example.com