John Smith House
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
The Community & Retail Engagement Team develop, support, and inspire individuals and groups/networks of Oxfam GB supporters in the community – and in doing so, provide a variety of relevant opportunities to support from across the product portfolio. The team is responsible for providing joined-up and innovative ways to maximise the potential and opportunities that exist within Oxfam GB’s retail infrastructure and coordinate the delivery of a holistic and seamless community presence to help Oxfam GB meet its public engagement objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Community Engagement Manager, the Community Engagement Assistant South will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Senior Community Engagement Manager and Community Engagement Manager (South) as required to deliver community engagement propositions from across our product portfolio to deliver our public engagement objectives.
- Manage relationships with supporters (Oxfam groups, individuals, faith groups, schools), and communicate with supporters via email, telephone, social media and print.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of regional legacy/supporter/shop team events.
- During humanitarian emergencies, deliver community engagement propositions for supporters to give their time/money/voice.
- Occasional project management of new initiatives and schemes, working closely with the Community Engagement Manager to drive localised supporter acquisition and engagement.
- Support the Community Engagement Manager with administrative tasks, including database management and managing and streamlining systems and processes.
- Work with the South Retail Operations Patch to identify and make the most of opportunities to use the retail network to deliver relevant engagement propositions.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated and charismatic individual with the following:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Drive to achieve results
- Good project management skills and a track record of delivering results
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload in accordance with deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and manage relationships and influence others internally and externally where necessary Ability to analyse information and make decisions
- Ability to deliver excellent written and verbal communications to specific target audiences
- Good understanding of regional / community fundraising (desirable)
- Experience of working within a busy fundraising or charity retail environment (desirable)
Location: UK – Oxford – Oxfam House
House: 36 hours per week
Salary: £21,017-£28,820 depending on experience (includes £1,705 Hotspot Allowance)
Job Type: Open-ended
Closing Date: 16 October 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensurte that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.