475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter, Safe Haven for Children Program
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Safe Haven for Children Program
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt (Salaried)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Safe Haven for Children Program serves young persons in immigration custody who are awaiting release to their sponsors. This is a 24-hour program. The Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter identifies prospective short-term foster parents, finds appropriate homes for unaccompanied minors, screens and trains foster parents, prepares home studies, and ensures that all required documentation of foster care cases complies with federal requirements and state laws and regulation. The Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter supports program staff, specifically around recruiting, home finding, and identifying and developing community relationships with trainers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Receive, process intake calls; recruit, train, provide orientation for resource foster parents in NYS.
· Assess potential resource parents’ abilities and motivations; prepare home studies.
· Conduct home visits to assess and compile documents required to complete home studies, recertification, etc.
· Research, create and implement annual training curricula for foster parents per ORR requirements.
· Regularly enter all required information into program systems/case files per program policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with local, state, and Federal rules and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA.
· Process resource parent applications in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all background clearances for foster parents (e.g., SCR, DCJS, etc.) are conducted.
· Process and monitor receipt of required certification and recertification documents.
· Create and maintain resource parents’/applicants’ records/files.
· Attend required meetings and trainings (e.g., ACS, OCFS, ORR, etc.).
· Assist in developing outreach materials.
· Develop and implement outreach strategies to maximize agency presence within communities.
· Liaise with community organizations, i.e., Community Partnership Initiative.
· Follow up with families to obtain any outstanding required documents.
· Certify and recertify homes within CONNECTIONS.
· Create and maintain active and inactive resource parents’ records.
· Verify compliance of foster homes with Federal, state and city regulations.
· Perform other duties as required by direct supervisor or needs of the program/agency.
· Maintain regular contact with active foster parents, document contact in progress/case notes.
SUPERVISES: Volunteers as needed
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years’ relevant experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Bilingual (Spanish) required; strong communication and writing skills (in English and Spanish)
· Knowledgeable about working with foster care youth and children and families at risk
· Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and determine priorities
· High degree of organization and attention to detail; resourceful/solution-focused
· Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including occasional weekends.
· Experience and facility with Microsoft Office Applications and OCFS Connections
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required