Position Summary and Overview
The Churchill School & Center, a K-12 school for students with language-based learning disabilities, is seeking an assistant teacher for 6th grade homeroom, science, and math in the middle school division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Demonstrate commitment to Churchill’s mission and core values
● Embrace and model Churchill’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Work collaboratively with Head Teacher and other related service providers and specialists to plan and implement units of study, lessons, assignments, projects & activities
● Serve as support role in 3 science classes, 1 math class, and 1 homeroom
● Support students by scaffolding in-class assignments, tasks and projects
● Assess student work and participation
● Maintain accurate records in the areas of student attendance, arrival and dismissal plans, academic performance, and website course documents
● Seek improved methods of teaching through professional development opportunities
The ideal candidate will have...
● BA or BS Degree (Degree in Secondary Education, Science, Special Education or related field preferred)
● Experience working with, mentoring, supervising and/or building positive relationships with middle school aged children
● Knowledge of, or willingness to continue higher levels of education to obtain knowledge of effective teaching strategies and methodologies for working with children with language-based learning disabilities
● Familiarity with Smartboards, Google Drive, and technology in the classroom
● Interest in professional career development in the field of special education
● Patience, flexibility, good organization skills, and a sense of humor
The Churchill School and Center, a K-12 coeducational college-preparatory day school, is dedicated to working collaboratively with students, educators, and families to help children with language-based learning disabilities realize their full potential. By building upon their strengths, we provide a rigorous program that teaches children perseverance, resilience, and the importance of self-awareness and self- advocacy. We prepare our children to become courageous, confident, productive, and caring people who will embrace the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. Tolerance, respect, and active engagement are hallmarks of our intentionally diverse community. The Churchill School and Center recognizes its responsibility to the wider educational community and is committed to remaining a leader in its field.
Position Summary and Overview
The Churchill School & Center, a K-12 school for students with language-based learning disabilities, is seeking an assistant teacher for 6th grade homeroom, science, and math in the middle school…
Interested applicants should send a current resume, references, and a cover letter outlining all experience relative to the position. Send in PDF format to email@example.com and state the position “Middle School Science Assistant Teacher” in the subject line.
Churchill works to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Please include your thoughts and experiences on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a school setting and offer an example of your work with students through an equity lens.
The Churchill School and Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic. Churchill is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color, as well as candidates from under-represented groups.
Interested applicants should send a current resume, references, and a cover letter outlining all experience relative to the position. Send in PDF format to msresume…