4800 South Paulina Street
1. Provides direct supervision to teachers and assistant teachers to ensure program goals and requirements are being met.
2. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, DCFS licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
3. Ensures that teachers and teacher assistants communicates with the parents on an ongoing basis regarding their child's progress and participation in the class, including but not limited to parent/teacher conferences and home visits at regular intervals.
4. Provide orientation, training and technical assistance to new teaching staff on Creative Curriculum, TSG,
ESI-R, ASQ-SE, as well as other requirements and expectations
5. Ensures all children receive high quality education through but not limited to the following: monitoring of the classrooms, review of the education binders and lesson plans, monitoring of TSG data and checking COPA for child attendance.
6. Ensures children with a referral for disability receive follow up through agency support and coordination with parents and services that are received through CPS.
7. Must have availability to work at all of Catholic Charities Head Start locations. Assignment to sites may be either short or long term and work hours may vary based upon staffing needs.
8. Responsible for and/or makes the needed recommendations for the hiring, discipline and performance evaluation of staff; responsible for coaching, supervising, training, and professional development of staff; responsible for assigning work to staff and ensuring the work is performed in an efficient, prompt, professional and accurate manner and provides guidance, when necessary.
9. Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and 9 college credits in ECE leadership, administration or management. Three years of direct teaching experience, classroom experience in a Head Start Center, knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and management experience. Bilingual Spanish.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor degree with minimum of 30 hours of college credits in. Two years of direct teaching experience with preschoolers; classroom experience in a Head Start Center, knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards.
Other Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies. Driver’s license and reliable transportation. Agency-specified automobile insurance
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required