Details: Salary/benefits: Starting salary is based on a scale set by a democratically elected personnel committee and depends on factors such as experience and education.
Make the Road New York
Make the Road New York (MRNY), a not-for-profit community-based organization with offices in Brooklyn, Jackson Heights, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester, seeks a highly motivated, organized, dedicated, OFFICE MANAGER Our Long Island office. The ideal candidate will have extensive administrative skills and experience with supervision in a fast paced environment, ideally in the nonprofit sector. The job requires strong communication skills in both English and Spanish, the ability to work well with others and strong time management skills. This position will report directly to our Director of Operations and work very closely with a team of office managers and Operations staff.
- Direct supervision to the Long Island's administrative staff including: receptionists, maintenance staff and childcare staff
- Coordinate logistical support for special events, which will require regular communication with all 7 of our Departments in particular Organizing and interaction with community members
- Coordination of vendors and contractors
- Creation, implementation and management of internal protocols and systems
- Oversight of supply purchasing and inventory
- Manage facilities and events calendar
- Share responsibility, along with receptionists for staffing our reception area (front desk)
- Ability to think big picture and strategies
- Manage office petty and metrocards distribution, and other financial reports
- Assist the Director of Operations with various special projects
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 years previous administrative experience, preferably within a nonprofit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff while maintaining flexibility, tact, and a positive attitude.
- 2 years supervision experience
- Comfortable working in team settings
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, trustworthy and able to handle sensitive materials and information with the ability to delegate and move forward special projects
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete assignments on time
- Must be bilingual - English/Spanish
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Customer Service experience
- Be highly professional and team oriented with a passion for excellence and eagerness to help the department meet our goals.
- A sense of humor and ability to work under pressure required.
- Have experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic work environment
- Flexible work schedule, some evenings or weekends required
- High level of accountability and initiative; needs to be a self-starter and eager to do team work to support the organization as a whole
- Possess a commitment to collective action and community organizing.
MRNY offers an excellent benefit package including health , dental and vision insurance, FSA, 401K, and generous paid vacation, sick, personal days and parental leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to LIOfficeManager@maketheroadny.org
MRNY is an equal opportunity employer. Women, TCGNQ, people with disabilities and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without Discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.