1100 Massachusetts Avenue
The Asian University for Women Support Foundation is a U.S.-based 501(c)3 nonprofit which is responsible for international resource mobilization and communications for the Asian University for Women (AUW). Opened in 2008, AUW is an international, liberal arts university which seeks to cultivate the region’s next generation of female leaders. With a student body of 700 hailing from 15 different countries, AUW promotes the ethos of cross-cultural understanding, academic curiosity, and ethical leadership. AUWSF provides a fast-paced work environment with new projects frequently on the horizon and strong opportunity for growth.
The Executive Assistant will serve as the right hand to AUWSF’s President/CEO, providing critical, high-level support that enables the President to optimize his time. This individual will oversee the President’s scheduling, develop internal and external communications, and serve as a resource both throughout the organization and externally. This position provides an opportunity for an individual with superior critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills to gain an in-depth understanding of AUWSF and play a critical role in supporting the advancement of the organization’s priorities. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, confidentiality, and excellent writing and communications skills.
AUWSF seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for the position.
The person in this role will be responsible for (including but not limited to) the following:
- Maintain communication and correspondence for President/CEO (e-mails, faxes, and phones); Ensure prompt, accurate, and appropriate follow-up responses to these tasks
- Manage President/CEO’s calendar and arranging meetings
- Arrange the logistics and itinerary planning of frequent travel for CEO/President
- Coordinate logistics for conferences and staff meetings, which includes preparing meeting minutes and agendas
- Process expense reports for the President
Research and Writing
- Research various topics as needed and present findings to President/CEO
- Draft letters to external constituents and follow-up on the letters
- Compose, proof, edit, prepare, and distribute letters, briefings, debriefs, and reports
- Perform data entry of electronic correspondences and filing as needed
Excellent communications, writing, research, and computer skills are required; previous executive assistance experience is strongly preferred. Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is a plus. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Ms. Katsuki Sakai at Katsuki.Sakai@asian-university.org.