Colleges of the Fenway (COF) is a collaborative effort of six neighboring Boston-based colleges in the Longwood Medical and Academic area. This collaboration was created to add value to student academic and social life while seeking innovative methods of investing in new services and containing the costs of higher education.
COF is looking for a Business Operations Assistant to support overall business operations while providing administrative support for the Senior Director of Operations and Collaborative Services. Work closely with the Office Manager to support the overall COF administration. Be responsible for four main areas: meeting coordination, joint contracts, accounting, and administrative support.
Primary Tasks and Areas of Responsibility
- Handle all aspects of meeting scheduling and preparation for assigned committees.
- Assist with event logistics for assigned committees and as requested for overall COF events.
- Work occasional evening/weekend college open houses and other events.
- Manage operational calendar ensuring it is up-to-date regarding contract renewal information.
- Create and maintain master files for both individual and shared contracts including contract summary sheets.
- Provide support for Request for Proposals as they are issued.
- Initiate and complete research for collaborative projects, and create comparison spreadsheets, including creating surveys and analyzing responses.
- Assist with data collection for COF committees and projects.
- Work closely with Office Manager and MASCO Accounting Department to coordinate accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliation of corporate credit card account.
- Coordinate payments and bill backs for joint contracts and initiatives managed by COF.
- Collect and maintain data on cost savings/avoidance through joint contracts.
- Reconcile several department budgets (402 and 403).
- Help create and update presentations and spreadsheets; manage the shared drive.
- Maintain and update assigned sections of COF web site.
- Maintain company assets inventory.
- Develop working relationships with COF staff and committee members by building and maintaining professional connections.
- File, keep reference materials current, organize office, and order office supplies.
- Receive, screen, and direct telephone calls taking messages when appropriate.
- Greet visitors, solicit and provide information, and refer to appropriate staff members.
- Provide administrative support to other identified COF staff as needed.
- Purchase and distribute various COF mail items, supplies, and packages.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Background and Experience
Associates degree required. Bachelor’s preferred. Minimum two years’ office administration experience preferably in higher education or non-profit environment. Experience with contract administration or purchasing a plus.
Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. One Drive, Google Docs, Trello and Eventbrite knowledge a plus. Ability and willingness to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. Strong written and oral communication skills. Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills. Ability and willingness to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
<br/>To apply click on this link: <a href="https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=M3209"> https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=M3209</a>
<br/>(or enter the url into your browser)