Refugee & Immigrant Transitions (www.reftrans.org) is a nonprofit agency that provides education, family engagement and community leadership programs to people who've sought refuge in the U.S. We’re seeking a Development and Administrative Associate to join our team! You will make a huge impact by helping RIT raise the necessary resources to maintain and expand our programs, and growing our community.
We are aiming this position to be great for entry-level professionals who want to grow their nonprofit development experience. It will allow you to grow your skills in the fields of donor stewardship, data management, event planning, volunteer coordination, and other systems associated with fundraising and community engagement. You will also be able to exercise your creativity by helping RIT develop various materials, and improving the efficiency of our systems.
We’re seeking a candidate who:
- Shares our commitment to seeing refugees and immigrants thrive in the U.S
- Would like to grow their nonprofit fundraising skills
- Is highly detail-oriented
- Dedicated to continuous learning
- Enjoys written and verbal communication & would like to grow in these areas
- Enjoys learning various useful tools and platforms
Time Commitment: full time (40 hr/week)
Benefits: paid vacation and sick time, health, dental, vision, life insurance, SIMPLE IRA retirement (after 1 year with RIT).
Location: Virtual during Covid. After Covid: 870 Market Street, Suite 558, San Francisco (at Powell Bart/Muni station), with opportunity for remote work. (With occasional work @ our Oakland office at 1811 11th Ave, Oakland).
Schedule: Mo-Fr, 10 am to 6 pm (with flexibility as determined by supervisor).
Reports to: Manager of Development and Communications
- Process and record donations, meticulously maintaining donation records in the database. (Salesforce)
- Acknowledge all donations, including: sending timely thank you letters and updating the donor list on the RIT website
- Assist Manager of Development and Communications with donor correspondence, such as responding to donor inquiries
- Prepare and send physical mailings, including holiday cards and appreciation gifts
- Support the Manager of Development and Communications in maintaining RIT’s Salesforce database
- Help coordinate logistics for RIT’s annual fundraising event in the Fall, including: tracking sign-ups and donations; assisting with outreach, materials, and contractors; and other event support as needed
- Help coordinate logistics for other fundraising/appreciation events, webinars, etc. as needed
- Help design and print materials for fundraising, such as letterheads, thank you cards, holiday cards, posters, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Help produce the agency’s annual fundraising video
- Assist Manager of Development and Communications with presentations and communications (PowerPoint slides, social media, newsletters, etc.) as needed
- Collaborate with and coordinate volunteers, interns, and contractors to receive support on projects.
ADMINISTRATIVE & VOLUNTEER PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Assist program staff with entering service data into several databases
- Assist program staff with volunteer-related projects (including communicating with/onboarding volunteers and coordinating events and trainings)
- Prepare and print various agency printable, such as mailing labels, business cards, signs, name badges, etc. (As needed)
- Passion for RIT’s mission to welcome low-income refugees and immigrants, and dedication to seeing newcomers thrive
- High level of attention to detail and thoroughness
- At least 6 months to 1+ year experience doing data entry (in spreadsheet and/or database)
- Enjoys written & verbal communication, and would like to exercise or grow skills in these areas
- Ability to build productive relationships and coordinate with diverse stakeholders (colleagues, participants, volunteers, donors, contractors)
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office and/or Google products. (Word, spreadsheets, slides)
- Desire and motivation to continuously learn new tools and platforms (which may include database, website, newsletter platform, design tools, etc.)
- Experience supervising volunteers and/or training on best practices for volunteer management
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- From a refugee or immigrant family
- Deep familiarity with issues affecting refugees and immigrants. (Knowledge of issues around forced migration and/or lived experience of migration is an asset for this position.)
- Experience with nonprofit donor stewardship processes, such as donation processing and recording, thank you letters, communication and building relationships with donors
- Experience coordinating events
- Experience with any design tools or apps (such as Canva, Photoshop, etc.), website, e-newsletter platforms is a plus.
Special requirements: Must be able to accept a weekend assignment 1-2 times per year (for community events) and an evening assignment several times per year (for fundraising events).
RIT is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage individuals from marginalized communities and individuals from refugee or immigrant families to apply.
Application procedure: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (put Development and Administrative Associate in subject line).