Database & Resource Assistant
2101 North Front Street
Governor's Plaza North Bldg #2
The NSVRC Database & Resource Assistant supports NSVRC’s administration, provision of training and technical assistance, and library resource development.
PCAR/NSVRC understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Who we are
NSVRC collaborates with partners to create research-based resources that focus on how to prevent and respond to sexual violence. The center serves as a communications hub, hosting the nation’s largest library of resources on sexual violence; sponsoring the annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month prevention campaign; spearheading numerous media and social media activities; and providing training on a variety of topics including public health and social justice approaches and comprehensive prevention strategies.
NSVRC, with a staff of 25, is currently funded through grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide resources to state-level sexual violence prevention programs; the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) to address sexual assault throughout the lifespan and also to support services for male survivors; the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) to create resources for Sexual Assault Response Teams; and the Resource Sharing Project (RSP) to assist multi-service community programs in responding to the needs of sexual assault survivors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answer phones and check office voice mail regularly. Assist in answering doors and responding to vendors.
· Serve as back-up to Office Manager with attendance notifications and other office procedures.
· Assist in updating agency databases (Blackbaud, ETO, and others).
· Assist with travel and training logistics when necessary
Training and Technical Assistance:
· Serve as first point of contact to callers via phone and online request submissions.
· Triage technical assistance requests to the appropriate staff members in timely manner.
· Fulfill information requests for hotline referrals, materials, and website events calendar requests from constituents.
· Serve as key administrator for technical assistance database development, maintenance, and reporting
· Set up webinars in BlackBaud and Adobe Connect and provide assistance during webinars;
· Provide administrative support surrounding other e-learning efforts.
· Enter data from NSVRC Evaluation Plan efforts and assist in generating reports.
· Create text files of resources and support online posting of published materials.
· Assist with exhibiting preparation
· Support Library Team projects, including but not limited to e-files maintenance, shelving, labeling, and archiving materials; conducting library inventories; submitting materials and maintain the Library Drop Box.
· Assist with setting up webinars in BlackBaud and Adobe Connect.
· Assist with entering data to web site content management system.
· Attend PCAR/NSVRC staff meetings, Advocacy and Resources Team meetings, Administrative Team meetings, and others as assigned and per interest.
· Prepare mailings to constituents and respond to requests for publications, resources, and Sexual Assault Awareness Month materials.
· Provide administrative support to the Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign by responding to requests for information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The education/experience requirements are: two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred - Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to employment@PCAR.org by August 24, 2018.
Complete job description available online, www.NSVRC.org and www.pcar.org
Minimum Education Required