ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively coordinate day to day on-site services for tenants on their caseload and ensure all service provision is representative of RiseBoros mission.
- Complete needs assessments and develop ongoing, individualized tenant-centered support plans for all tenants; review support plans periodically and document the successful completion of task and objectives.
- Provide ongoing case management, assistance and advocacy, providing information and referrals to community services, including supportive counseling and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Help tenants identify additional benefits for which they may qualify and facilitate application to said benefits, conducting advocacy as needed.
- Assist tenants in developing informal support networks with other tenants by facilitating opportunities for tenant engagement through educational workshops and social activities including birthday parties and holiday celebrations; provide translation during workshop presentations as needed.
- Educate residents on the available on-site services and other community resources.
- Prepare and maintain up to date records and resident files, outcomes, including residents personal and eligibility information, records of services provided, and all relevant correspondence.
- Conduct monitoring services through friendly visits and telephone reassurance calls as well as periodic inspections with property management staff.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to ensure residents are able to age in place, including coordination of home care services and proper discharge planning from inpatient facilities.
- Communicate with on-site property management and maintenance staff on resident issues and to obtain records of incidents and hospitalization during off working hours.
- Track tenant health outcomes (including frequency of and reason for hospitalizations) and help residents establish a health action plan based on recommendations from their medical provider with an aim to create a cohesive continuum of healthcare that help residents remain healthy and age in place.
- Assist tenants in securing transportation for medical appointments and community resources; escort tenants to appointments when appropriate and based on need.
- Ensure tenancy of each resident through eviction prevention services, provide tenant/landlord mediation and advocacy when necessary, and work with property management team to complete annual recertification paperwork.
- Together with Program Director, coordinate bi-annual surveys to assess resident needs and interests.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as position evolves.
- Team player and willing to work with a diverse population
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Must have ability to problem solve and work with high level of autonomy
- Flexible in order to accommodate evening and weekend hours as the need arises
- 2 years of case management experience required; housing program case management experience preferred
- Commitment to RiseBoros mission, vision and values
- Ability to understand the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Have a commitment to supporting communities who have experienced systemic oppression and bias (e.g. people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, justice involved persons, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology, or a related human services field of study required
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.