5202 Eastpark Blvd.
Position Title: Program & Finance Assistant
Supervision Received: Performs work under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
Supervision Given: None
Position Classification: Non-Exempt; 100% FTE
Job Purpose: Provide program and office administration support for the Association.
Member Services Administration & Program Support (60%)
- Serve as a point-of-contact for WPHCA’s group purchasing organization and corporate partners programs by promoting the programs to Health Center staff, building and maintaining relationships with vendors, members, stakeholders, and increasing participation in the programs.
- Serve as WPHCA’s website super user by supporting team members in:
- Regularly adding useful documents, tools and resources to the CHC Resource Library as related to job duties.
- Developing & standardizing processes to add and remove members from LINC when staffing changes are identified.
- Responding to forwarded “contact us” form requests.
- Establishing processes and policies that guide staff in using LINC in their daily work.
- Attending training on enhancements and upgrades and providing training to WPHCA staff.
- Continuously working to improve the member experience with LINC.
- Supporting WPHCA’s peer learning networks by scheduling meetings, arranging logistics, and providing facilitation, onsite support, and evaluation follow up.
- Manage the events tracking database by entering evaluation data, pulling information for grant reports, the Board dashboard, etc.
- Processes data by following prescribed procedures; and collecting, reviewing, updating information and databases (e.g., UDS, core metrics, Milwaukee data, etc.).
- Work with program staff to manage WPHCA’s internal emergency management processes, contracts, and deliverables.
Wisconsin Health+ Program Support (20%)
- Supports Network Board, Staff, and Committees in scheduling meetings, arranging logistics, and managing travel.
- Provides support to the Network team by conducting population health management data analysis & support by analyzing population health data, determining high priority patients for outreach, and communicating with those patients as needed.
WPHCA Administrative Support (20%)
- Manages accounts payable function by processing invoices and expense reimbursements; verifying transaction information; assisting staff with generation of purchase orders; consulting the budget to properly code expenditures, and filing invoices.
- Contributes to team effort by providing data entry, meeting, office management and project support.
- Managing invoice processes for shared service or group purchase options (e.g., Azara DRVS, Zix).
- Facilitates smooth office operations by
- Providing primary phone coverage.
- Opening, sorting, and delivering department mail on a daily basis.
- Serving in a backup reception function.
- Ensuring documents are routed, signed and filed appropriately.
- Assisting staff in conducting procurement according to WPHCA policy.
- Maintain up to date professional knowledge of WPHCA programs and services.
Other Duties as Assigned
WPHCA is a team-based organization. All staff are expected to support the overall efforts of the organization, which includes providing support to one another in order to achieve our mission.
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years office experience required; Associate’s Degree in Office Management or similar degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and Access databases
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-initiate projects with a high level of creativity, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member within and across organizational lines to achieve common association goals.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
Communicating in front of groups. Environmental requirements include working in an office setting. This position also requires on-site visits at remote locations and may require some travel. In-state travel estimated at 5-10 days per year. Equipment used includes basic office equipment (e.g., computer keyboard, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/cell phone, printer, etc.), technical equipment (e.g., camera).
WPHCA Core Performance Skills:
The following performance skills are required for all WPHCA staff:
- Communication: - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Listens to others without interrupting, seeks clarification when needed; Keeps emotions under control; Speaks clearly and persuasively; Maintains confidentiality; Demonstrates effective group presentation skills; Writes clearly, concisely and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet target audience’s needs.
- Teamwork: Puts success of team above own interests; Inspires trust; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Volunteers readily; Treats people with respect; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Gives proper credit to others; Consistently accountable to the commitments and expectations set by the team & organization
- Quality: Establishes, maintains, and meets or exceeds ambitious standards, measures and processes. Demonstrates an ability to learn from mistakes. Inspects work for flaws. Tests new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Professionalism: Engages in personal and professional development; is accountable to self and others and takes initiative.
Position Specific Performance Skills:
Employees that hold this position must have demonstrated the following performance skills/competencies:
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it. Monitors and checks work or information for accuracy. Plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a high level of service delivery & customer satisfaction; prioritizes customer needs.
- Respecting Diversity: Able to adapt behaviors to others’ styles; interact with people who have different values, cultures, or background; be of service to challenging people; optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
WPHCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
WPHCA provides a very robust benefits package for their regular full-time employees. These benefits are as follows: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, Safe Harbor 401(k) Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Nine (9) Paid Holidays per Calendar Year, Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: Attention: Todd Schroeder E-mail: email@example.com