575 Eighth Avenue
Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home.
As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Security Guard's duties include:
- Monitors, screens and controls access to the facility: maintains a log of persons entering and exiting the facility, operates door lock system from security desk, monitors video surveillance.
- Secures the safety of the facility and of the clients in the facility.
- Assists in enforcing rules and regulations by monitoring client behavior and activities.
- Assists clients with medication monitoring and performs medication record keeping as required.
- Maintains ongoing verbal and written communication with preceding and following shifts and documents all incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Performs emergency response including CPR and first aide as required.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a timely fashion as required.
- Attends supervision, staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Valid NYS Security Guard License required.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Fire Guard Certification required.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to secure certification during employment required.
- Clean drivers record a plus.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date security logs.
•Lift at least 50 lbs., and walk, stand, push or pull, climb stairs and ladders frequently, bend, carry goods including furniture, supplies and equipment and exert all other medium to heavy physical effort.
- Full-Time hours 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am. Per Diem Security Guard Hours varies. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Benefits are available for Full-Time Security Guards which includes paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, a 403(B) voluntary tax deferred annuity plan, pension benefits, commuter benefits and Employment Assistance Program (EAP).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please check out our Career Opportunities at