700 Professional Drive
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Project Manager for its Communications department. The main responsibility of this position is to manage the integrated marketing and communications campaigns and projects to achieve the organization’s fundraising and advocacy goals.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing high priority marketing projects with a focus on fundraising and/or advocacy; working with internal and external stakeholders throughout the entire project lifecycle to develop goals, schedule tasks and milestones, and adherence to deadlines and developing reports on the results; may serve as the point of contact for outside vendors and agencies;
- Collaborating with the marketing, analytics, and donor care teams to identify and manage donor and advocate segments to maximize fundraising and donor retention; will be responsible to develop and execute multi-channel tests as part of the marketing campaigns to be able to predict donor and advocate behavior; will be responsible for growing the organization’s marketing automation program;
- Providing strategic leadership and daily oversight of marketing and communications initiatives that bridge marketing and communications channels; will also be organizing and running meetings to plan and execute campaigns and developing marketing and communications strategies;
- Ensuring that cross-channel marketing and fundraising campaigns meet criteria;
- Developing and refining project-management processes to ensure meeting the strategic and the day to day needs of the organization’s fundraising and advocacy goals;
- Working with data and analytics staff on the delivery of timely reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, journalism, communications, marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of six or more years of experience managing complex projects across marketing and communications disciplines, particularly in a digital environment; experience within a non-profit environment is preferred;
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is also required: conducting marketing or fundraising tests or programs, marketing automation, customer/donor journey management, and/or related areas;
- Must have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational processes and facilitating and driving innovation and resolving problems while achieving results through team collaboration.
- Must have critical thinking skills and strong analytical skills and ability to handle complex situations while demonstrating sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills;
- Must have ability to lead agile, effective meetings, while keeping attendees on task;
- Must have strong organizational skills, project management skills and priority management skills to be able to plan, execute, and follow up in order to meet deadlines;
- Must be able to work independently and as an effective leader and team member.
- Must have strong writing, oral and inter-personal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office required as well as advanced knowledge in project management or collaboration software such as JIRA or Go-To Meeting, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.EOE
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter via the link http://www.humanesociety.org/about/employment/jobs/project-manager.html?credit=web_id93480558